Chapter 6

I wake up in my bed, feeling sore yet numb, anguished yet broken enough to feel dull.

Why am I feeling like this?

And like a tidal wave, everything comes back to me. Tears start to flow as I get consumed by the agonizing memories. I am crying yet everything stays silent.

When he first started penetrating me I could feel him, but as the time passed – him doing what he did – I felt him less. Something in me just slowly shut down. It seemed as if I stepped out of my physical body and was watching what was happening, not able to do anything about it.

Can anyone understand the feeling of being violated by the person you love?

Person I love, huh? No. I don't even know who that man was. I laugh at myself, being the pathetic person I am. It wasn't even on a bed.

A knock on my door startles me. I don't know how long I've been laying on my bed, staring at nothing.

What if it's him? The mere thought of him close to me makes me shake uncontrollably.

"Belle, honey? Can I come in?"

It's mom.

I look at myself. It seems like I've been washed clean in the shower. I am wearing long-sleeved sweatshirt and sweatpants. Guess I'm presentable enough, e?

"Yes." My voice is hoarse.

I position myself to sit being reminded of what happened by the throbbing ache on my lower body.

My mother comes in, bringing breakfast with her. "Trey..." I stiffen upon hearing his name. "...said you weren't feeling well. He also called your school, informing them you'll take the day off. I've made all your favorites." She smiles as she sits on my bed, placing the tray near me.

It has scrambled eggs, bacon, grilled cheese, tomato and rice. If this is a normal day, I am probably bouncing up and down right now here in my bed. But no, it's not a normal day. Plus bouncing up and down right now would most probably hurt like hell.

"I don't feel like eating mom." I mutter honestly.

"Is there anything wrong, baby? You could talk to me?" My mom says, concern etched on her face, moving closer to me as she places the tray on my bed side table.

What should I tell her? Hey mom, Trey and I just had sex on the wall! It was my first time after all so I'm having a major sex hangover. That? Or, hey mom, you know what? Last night, Trey just suddenly pumped his dick in and out of my vagina, and now it aches like fucking hell! Or better yet, hey mom! Trey just basically raped the shit out of me last night!

As if I can say those things.

So I do what I have to do. I lie. I let the story of me simply 'not feeling well' take the light instead of confiding with my mom about the dark truth.

After staring at me as if she's studying me, my mom leaves me to rest. I refuse to eat breakfast since I really don't have the appetite.

On lunch, however, mom forces me to gulp down the food she brought for me, telling me "you had already skipped breakfast, you are not skipping lunch. You're not going to turn anorexically suicidal while I'm still alive and kicking" with her hands on her hips.

A knock on my door catches my attention once again. I sit back up, thinking it's mom.

Or not.

I freeze, stiffen like a lifeless mannequin.