Chapter 12

After my conversation with Carter, we have been closer than ever. He's like my new found bestie. Well, duh, he's the only one who knows my actual situation.

I swear I'm soon going to turn into a schizo. Because when you start living in lies, the lies consume you. You, yourself, become a great, big living lie.

The finals has finally been over. And yes, I still have school stuff to mind. But it was actually a good excuse for me to lock myself away from my meshuga fiance.

Remembering how sickly 'sweet' I was to him when I explained that I needed to study seriously makes bile rise up from my throat. He had agreed with the help of an 'I'm-gonna-fucking-miss-you' sex and with the promise of an 'I-fucking-missed-you' sex after. Like what I've said before, I'm totally his jalapeno bitch now.

I have accepted my fate, it's easier that way. I learned that from good old Lao Tzu. 

"Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like."

Well, damn to my damned life!

So here I am, in a sexy, red babydoll chemise mesh lace lingerie and a g-string thong, waiting in bed, with red rose petals scattered all over the room for effect. Trey has actually made it his new habit – to buy me sexy lingerie – because he loves to 'rip them off' me. And yeah, they literally get ripped.

Why do I bother doing this? All these shit gets him in a good mood, meaning he won't get cranky for the whole week. I can be clever as the devil too.

'Baby, I'm already waiting for you. Can't you smell the roses?' I link to him, being insipidly seductive.

Let's just get this over and done with so I can go to sleep sooner.

I have to lie to myself. Otherwise, I'll go crazy. Thinking about it, I think I've actually gone crazy already.

Trey's curses fill my head.

Oh my dear life, what now? Please don't tell me he's in an awful, bad mood.

Because if he is, this won't turn pretty. He'll fuck me hard all night long, and 'hard' means rough and hardcore fuckery with a little beating.

'I totally forgot we have to entertain the visiting Alphas tonight!' He shouts before cursing again.

Can't he keep the fucking cusses to himself?

'Get dressed. Probationary Alpha and Luna duties.' He hisses.

I groan and get off the bed. I don't bother taking the lingerie off. I just wear a vintage floral long-sleeved chiffon maxi dress over it. It's Trey's dress code policy for me – to dress and look like the virgin Mary in public and his personal stripper when it's just the two of us.

'They're here! Where are you?! Get your lovely, not so little ass here in the Alpha's office now!' He growls.

Geez, calm down, you horny bipolar ass!

'Coming in a second.' I reply sweetly.

I, too, am bipolar now.

I make my way towards the Alpha's office, wondering what's with the wonderful scent coming from that direction. It is getting stronger as I neared the office.

When I open the door, it hits me with full force – a rich masculine balsamic gourmand fragrance. Without thinking of anything else, I close my eyes and inhale deeply, then moan.