Chapter 30

When spells are casted, spells are casted. When a witch dies, a witch dies. The spells do not die with the witch.

~

Both Euan and Luca have been sensing darkness and an ample amount of power drifting through the air. However, they can not pinpoint where those are coming from. They can only sense how the air is stale and covered in death and agony. Their instincts tells them that it has something to do with their mate's disappearance. And this intuition only makes them even more anxious. They have been pushing their selves to use their affinity more than how they have used it before. Being both Alphas and purus albas give them the hope that they will find her, their beloved mate.

The last conversation they had with her had not been good; and they won't allow that to be their last. They know she's still alive. And they will never give up on her until death takes them.

"We have been searching nonstop for a week now." Brent runs his hand down his face.

He has never been so exhausted in his life. He, together with Carter, has been accompanying Euan and Luca in searching for Belle, his dear little sister. She may not be his biological sister, but he loves her just as much.

"She said when she was gone, she was with a neighboring Alpha." Luca says.

"Yes, we have established that." Carter sighs. "And we have searched all neighboring packs."

"Where else can she be? We have also notified all other packs in the whole continent. I'm not sure if we should involve the Monarchy just yet." Brent's getting frustrated just as much as twins.

"Do you think they could have gone to other continents?" Carter fists on his hair. "Fuck if they went to Europa." He grumbles.

They have established several facts within the week: Belle is missing, Trey and Ashley most probably have taken her, they have been most likely working with another Alpha or pack, and they are using sorcery or are working together with a witch.

Euan sighs. "It will get more complicated if the Monarchy would take interest in Belle. I am actually confused as to how she is not under the custody."

"Do you think..." Carter rubs his temples. "Do you think they have something to do with this?"

"I doubt it. It seems that Belle has been under a protective spell of some sort. The reason why she does not display nor demonstrate the known qualities of a purus nigrum." Luca answers.

Euan's phone rings all of a sudden.

"0713 Euan Desrouleaux speaking."

"This is Anton. I do not know if this is relevant, mate. But I think you need to know that there has been a report that a pack in the American continent has not been reporting to the Monarchy for more than twenty-four hours. And it's close to Alcmene pack."

"What pack is it?"

"Fortis Lupos."

"A second, mate." Euan distances his phone from his face and looks at Brent.

"Alpha Jordan Daniels' pack." Brent answers.

"We went to that pack two days ago." Euan gets back to Anton.

"Well, it is just word, mate. The Monarchy is about to send a person there to check. Probably, the emissary would arrive there in approximately twenty to twenty-four hours. You know they hate being not in control with everything."

"I do not even know how you got that information. But it could be helpful."

Anton laughs. "You do not need to know how, mate."