Chapter 26

"I swear if she doesn't wake up, I will really kill you!"

"Her healing's taking time. What did you expect?"

"It's been three fucking days!"

***

After Dashia informed them about Belle's train of thoughts, Trey, with Ashley following him, raced to Belle's room with a mission: Stop her.

Once he opened her door, he was struck with the thick smell of blood and he already knew he was already late.

"Please, not too late!" He cried as he strode as fast as he could to her curled up body.

"We need to bring her to Dashia." Ashley informed him.

"Then draw the fucking circle that witch taught you!" He snarled.

Any moment, anyone could be coming up to them due to the smell of blood which surely dispersed from when he opened the door.

It took Ashley a minute to complete the teleportation circle with the weird wooden pen that Dashia gave her. The ink looked like blood mixed with other stuff – which Ashley don't even want to know of.

Not bothering to pull the knife out, as it will only cause her to lose more blood, he cradled her body.

"You can't die." He mumbled in her hair.

She stretched her hand and he held it in his without any thought.

Heavy knocks sounded. Brent's uproar was heard. The sound of wood being broken by force erupted.

All happened as Ashley chanted the spell the witch taught her.

***

"It's only been three days! You should be thankful to me, Mr. Alpha! If I hadn't been tapping in hear head, she would be dead right now! If I hadn't informed you and your bitch, do you think you would have made to her in time?!"

"You're the reason she broke down!"

A lot more shouting and the sound of things shattering fill my ears.

What's happening?

What happened?

My head's buzzing and I feel like I'm floating and falling simultaneously that it makes me want to vomit.

***

With the tears still rolling profusely down her face, she brought the knife closer to her face, examining it.

It was a constant struggle in her bleak existence and it seemed only the knife cutting through her could get her out.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so, so, so sorry." She cried, helplessly, on repeat.

Lowering the knife towards her heart, she took the deepest breath she could then forced the sharp blade against her flesh.

The moment the blade broke through her skin, her nociceptors immediately sent a signal along the axons of neurons through the spinal cord to her brain, making her register the pain, triggering the automatic response of wanting to push the foreign harmful object off her body. Fighting it, she closed her eyes and continued to push deeper.

Her nociceptive neurons relentlessly fired warning signals, conveying the intensity of the pain.

Pain continued to spread from that point where she pierced herself to her entire body, its intensity made her curl up and loose her hold on the knife. Her senses were impaired, leaving her only with her sight which was blurred by her tears.