in your next life ; chapter 17

Monday morning rolled around. It all felt like yesterday we were sitting down at the conference room- technically, it was on Friday, but it was different. And for once, Daddy didn't have breakfast together.

It was odd, but I could understand. He probably had... lots on his mind. The weekends flew by so quickly- mostly consisting of Lucas and I making fun of each other and making plans to eat cake all the way. Daddy'd also brought me shopping!

I'd clicked open the door- only to bump into someone's chest- feeling the smooth silky texture of their tie. "Well, good morning," this familiar scent of cinnamon- and this voice, again. "Princess."

My heart fluttered- of course, there were butterflies in my stomach as I looked up, completely flushed to his ruby eyes. Who else would it be?

"P-Princess..." I whispered.

"D-Do you like it?" Lucas scratched his head, sweat dropping. "O-Of course!"

"I was just wondering, I-"

"I mean-"

"You go first," Lucas stuttered. "No," I replied. "You."

"O-Okay."

"I mean- I came to your door today to well," he couldn't look me in the eye. "I wanted to ask if you're my girlfriend now."

"You wanted to ask me if I'm your girlfriend," I giggled. He was being adorable as heck. The way he phrased it, everything. "You're hecking lucky my dad left early today," I chirped, hooking my arms around his neck as I tiptoed, pulling him into a soft good-morning kiss.

Pulling away, our foreheads were touching. His felt lukewarm- normal, luckily, he had recovered from his cold. "Is that a yes?"

"Is it?"

  "...looks like it."

  "Maybe not," I giggled.

  "I'll take this as a yes."

•••

"I just realised," I stopped in my tracks. We were in the middle of the road- but it was one that cars rarely used in the morning. I turned to Lucas, noticing something different, but trying to put my finger in it. "Ah!"

  "You didn't put on your hood today," I ruffled through his hair as his face turned red in an instant. "W-Well," he mumbled. "I don't need it anymore- I-I have you..."

  "When I'm with you, it feels as if my ego's boosted real quick," a smug smirk crawled up his lips. "Is that so?"

  "Why, do I make you feel good about yourself?" I looked up asking. "Nope, it's because being with a dummy like you makes me feel smart." I pouted.

  I felt something brushing against my hand.

  My heart jumped the moment he took my hand, clenching it into his. His hands were big, but it fit right into mine.

"Are you sure it's not too big of a step?" I asked, looking up. "That other people get to see you without your hood anymore."

  "Are you jealous?" Gosh, he was cocky today- but it was adorable. "I mean."

"They've already seen it before," he reassured, gentle, warm smile plastered. "I'm learning a little thing called confidence."

I was proud of him- the lone wolf was opening up to everyone. "Besides," he mentioned. "We've got more friends now, don't we?" We were almost at the gate, but Tae Eun bear-strangled Lucas from the back, while Yoona linked her arms with mine. "What's this?" Yoona pointed to our clasped hands.

"Guess we're caught?" He shrugged, a sheepish smile curled his lips. "Mhm," I tweeted.

; A/N ;
ehehe another short but impt chapter! take note that next chapter, it'll be a time skip to the trip already! so get ready for some fun and fluff and and drama :"

alsoo also- i'll be posting my new book this friday! you could call it kinda an AU, because it's heavily based off Love In The Moonlight, but after the first few chapters, i'll stray away from the drama's plot and fit it for WMMP. oH AND- in ; missing you and ; in your next life i kinda made claude reeeally nice- he won't be there though- he'll be just like himself in WMMP :"

anyww, here's today's chapter! i hope you liked it T^T

till next monday,
ja, matane~
-eru <3

Who Made Me A Princess Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें