missing you ; chapter 10 - end

"Boyfriend..." I lay in my bed at night, lost in a daze as to of what Lucas said. It felt so dreamy to say that word, saying it over and over again, thinking of him every time I said it. I still couldn't believe my own ears.

'Boyfriend' was a really modern word— did people in empires use it too? After all, the girls did understand what it was.

"Nice ringing to it, right?"

  A smile spread across my face— god, I smiled so much in one day. I looked to Lucas, who was climbing up to the balcony as I ran straight there. "Well, you didn't ask me," I teased.

  "So I refuse," I joked. Lucas leaned against the railing, a lopsided smirk stuck on his face. God, I wanted to punch him in the face for making me feel so flustered.

  "Well, then," he said, pulling me by my waist close to him. "Athanasia de Alger Obelia."

  "How did you—" Damn, what a— cool side of him. For someone who'd never seen not nerdy or complaining about how people were stuck up, I was surprised. "I like you, I like you a lot," he put his forehead to mine, his face seemed a little hurt, for some reason.

"Have I told you that yet?" He laughed. God, I wish we could stay like that forever— just, stuck in the moment with the twilight night filled with stars. "I must be dreaming."

The words slipped out of my mouth, I'd meant to think it! But even so, he could read my mind. But it was too good to be true— I liked him, so much. Every minute without him seemed like eternity, every second was waiting to see him again.

  "I really, meant it though. A-And I'm sorry for saying I was your boyfriend without your permission, I-" he let his guard down again.

  And so, I took that chance. I leaned up, cupping his cheeks, eyes shimmering in the moonlight as I looked at his heating face. And before he could go all Tsundere again, I pulled him into a kiss. Our lips met, as if it were some fairy tale of Cinderella, or Ariel. But of course, one thing made me a different princess from them.

  I'd fallen in love with someone I knew the most about- someone I was close to. I'd fallen in love with my best friend. I wished for the moment to last forever, it was amazing. But I'd pulled away, took my hands away from his cheeks as I buried my face in his chest. His familiar scent of cocoa— I never noticed that. Maybe that was why I'd loved chocolate so much.

His heartbeat was incredibly fast— racing and pounding. "It's okay," I said, muffled. "You can call me your girlfriend any time."

I looked up to see his excited face, smiling brighter than any of the stars up in the sky. I could see his teeth- he was smiling with his lopsided smile wide open.

  We stayed like that for a while, before our legs got tired of standing. There on the balcony we sat for hours, talking, before my eyelids got heavy— gosh, it was a tiring, but amazing day. I was right from the start.

It was a great day.

END

A/N
I'm sorry this is a lil shoort,, chapter 10 will consist of four parts,, 10.1, 10.2, 10.5 and 10.9! This will be little parts that are a little more relaxed than the main story that'll be taking up one week in the storyline. I'll post one more soonn!! I hope you liked it though— sometimes i cant rly help but feel like i wrote smth wrong and u guys would hate me T^T so please leave your feedback in the comments if any and maybe a vote if you liked it! PS: big shoutout to HikariWhite95 for some scene ideas 🥰

update! i unpublished the 10.1-11, so this will be the ending of season 1! i'm still considering for a season 2! but i'm currently writing a new story 🥰 if you want me to post it back though, feel free to DM or just let me know :)