in your next life ; chapter 10

ATHANASIA

  "So," Felix spoke. "Today's lesson is different again."

  "You little brats will be learning about, drumroll please!"

  I sighed, a soft smile lingering my lips as I heard everyone's palms hit their tables, imitating a drumroll. "Imagery."

For some reason, everyone else had been sighing- but in all honesty, I really liked Literature- onomatopoeia, imagery, alliteration and all.

"But!"

Lucas's heavy eyelids were ready to close, but Felix's heavy writing on the whiteboard shot his eyes open.

"For your drama module next semester, I need everyone to be in a group of 3," he spoke. I'd looked to Lucas, hoping to be able to group with him, before Felix added, "with people you don't know."

Shit, I thought, my expression changing. Surely, Felix knew we were best of friends- and would never let us be grouped together in this situation.

"Don't give me that look, you dum-dum," he muttered. "Make some friends or you'll be losing the bet."

I took a gulp of saliva, this wave of panic washing over me- of course, it'd be humiliating to be the only one without a group. After all, I'd only been seen with Lucas.

The girls swarmed his table, fighting for the spots to be in his group. There he sat, completely unamused as he shot me an annoyed look, creeping a giggle out of my lips.

"U-Um, hi," a voice averted my gaze to a girl who had strawberry-blonde twintails, really pretty pink amethyst eyes and a nervous smile plastered on her face as she knocked onto my table lightly to get my attention. "Would you like to join my group?"

The girl pointed to the row of empty tables at our side, a boy with slightly long dark, brown hair and dull eyes, frolicking his face. "Sure," I beamed, nervously biting my lips, but trying to hide the fact that I was new to it as I sat down with them.

"I-I'm Yoona, and this is my boyfriend," her words were genuine, anxious. But I knew for sure, I'd heard that name before. But before she could finish her sentence, the boy continued it for her. "Tae Eun."

  Then, it hit me. They were in our group for the trip! "Unicorn pancakez, and te- right?" I asked, eyes twinkling with the hope to make new friends.

"Mhm!" Both there warm smiles were captivating, brightening the place up.

"Now, now," Felix could be heard. "Lucas, hurry and pick people!"

For some reason, I had a weird feeling tightening in my chest watching him sit there, swarmed with girls.

It was uncomfortable, unpleasant. Something I didn't deal with often.

"I'll just go with Jennette and Luka," his deep, familiar voice echoed in the room- silence cutting through the air like a knife. "Those are your names, right?"

He looked to the brunette with the ocean-blue eyes, and a grey-haired boy with a completely mysterious aura.

"Do you guys mind?"

He flashed a smile, making the both of them go nervous, squeezing their way through the crowd to get to his table. "You'd actually want to be in a group, with us?"

Puzzled, I watched on- it seemed as if they saw themselves as outcasts. But Lucas was one too, and would fit in perfectly.

  "Your name is Athanasia, right?" I snapped back to Yoona and Tae Eun, rubbing my eyes as if I'd just woken up. "Y-Yeah," I could feel my lips trembling, even though they were really nice people, it felt weird not having Lucas around.

  "Now, we're going to do a bingo!" The class groaned in annoyance, some complaining, "with what?"

  "The paper your partner wrote back in our first lesson," Felix explained. I could feel my facial muscles tense up- would people really be okay with that? "I want you guys to answer these questions, providing that you don't remember much of the previous one, and then," he added.

"Your group mates will be reading out your answers from your previous activity, and you'll see how much you've changed."

  "Who'll wanna take who's?" Yoona asked, looking towards Felix, who was handing out the papers. "I don't mind any, to be honest."

  "Me neither," escaped my mouth as we both looked at Tae Eun, who seemed to be drifting off once again. "Kang Tae Eun!" Yoona pinched his cheeks, shaking him back to reality. I felt a little smile forming as I watched. They were real cute together.

  "I'll take Athanasia's one, then. Athanasia will take Tae Eun's and Tae Eun will take mine."

  I really liked Yoona's personality- filled with motivation and energy, a born leader.

  I couldn't really tell much of Tae Eun, on the other hand, who was extremely quiet.

  ; A/N ;
new chapter today as promised! a pretty short chapter! i'm sorry! and also not much lucas x athy interaction either- but i swear there'll be more next week! anywaaay, sELFLESS PROMO! i started a new book, always yours, a karma x nagisa fanfic for all of you who are karmagisa shippers 🥰 i really hope you guys can support it 🥺 don't worry, though! this story will continue as per usual and i won't change my writing style either <3 after all, that story consists of mostly emails exchanged between karma and nagisa <3 anyway, i really really wanna thank everyone here for reading this story :( it really means lots and i'm so so happy to have 10k reads already 🥺 all your support means the world and this story is like my safe space where i can be myself <3 thank you so so much everyone! i'll give you an amazing chapter next week <3 and for as long as this story continues.

update 17/2
really think i shd see a doc soon >< it's rly too much oOps- anyway— i might delay posting my new story- idt it's good enuf to be published yet- but anyway,, thanks for 12K! <3 love u guys to the moon- i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter <3 i'll update an a/n if i'm not updating next week <3 but i promise i won't make you guys wait long hehe :>

UPDATE: I changed Yoona and Tae Eun's appearance a bit!

till next week,
ja, matane~
-eru <3