29+ TWENTY-NINE +29

You decide to head towards the sound of water

You decide to head towards the sound of water. Urging the team to follow, you take off in a sprint, or what appears to be a light jog for Emily, and disappear back into the thicket.

After a few minutes of nonstop running, the sound of rushing water gets louder and your surroundings begin to change. The dense vegetation gradually gets thinner and the soft mulchy ground morphs into rough, very rocky rock. As you get closer to the river, the canopy above you opens, revealing clear blue skies and the scorching hot midday sun. The terrain becomes increasingly harder to navigate, as the mangroves twist tighter around the sharp jutting rocks that form what you realize now, is a very wide riverbank. The rockiness is a clear sign you must be getting close to the canyons and cliffs at the foot of Vulcán Barú, not too far off from where you think the temple might be. What a handy coincidence! Now you can pretend this had been the plan all along! (finding the canyon, not the being murdered  by strangers in the wilderness part.)

You finally reach the actual river but it's not exactly as friendly as you'd hoped. The water rushes along in dark grey rapids, forming deadly whirlpools in the center, before disappearing round the bend in between two giant forest topped cliffs. This would be a great place for 'Godzilla vs. King Kong: the ultimate smackdown!' but it was not really ideal for your current survival purposes.

You hear angry Spanish shouting in the distance and the sound of what you think might be a machine gun!? Normally you'd be impressed, but right now wasn't the best time to marvel about firearms. And yes, to your own surprise, apparently moments did exist when that was not appropriate. Salvador kicks you in the shin to snap you out of whatever it is you're doing, and you go right back to analyzing the situation so you can make life and death decisions for other people without giving them any say in them. After all, there are killers still hot on your trail and these people solely depend on your superior brainpower to solve the issue at hand.

All right, so, you can either move on from here or wait and stand down whoever is chasing you. Problem is, the only option out of here is jumping in that death trap of a river. You definitely can't cross it, so going for a 'dip' is your only chance to escape. However, if the river also ends up killing you, it's not exactly better than taking a bullet to the knee. I mean what's the point of dying and getting wet, right?

The only other option is trying to negotiate with the people hunting you down and/or possibly watching them just shoot you in the chest before you can even get a single word out.

You scratch your chinny chin chin and ponder over what to do next.

Jump into the river and literally go with the flow to 30

Face whatever has been shooting at you with a variety of projectiles go to 33