Chapter 12

As I waved for a cab, the call replayed on my mind. With what Len told me, Gumi was cheating. Generally that should make me angry, but Gumi usually gets that satisfaction anyway. I mean, it doesn't surprise me what with her making out with a teacher... but there's something wrong with this method that she's using. Something's really wrong here...

And what's with Jake? What was he doing? Was Gumi cheating on Jake? But how does that make sense? If Jake wasn't a dick, he would've been really hot considering. And Gumi isn't ugly. So why would she cheat on him? On top of that, isn't Jake doing the same, hitting on Miku? Why would he do that? Why is he angry? Nothing makes sense...

Once the cab took me to my stop, I paid the driver extra by accident. I stepped out of the cab with black wedges boots, pacing towards the restaurant. I scrambled to get inside since it started to snow, and I threw the door open. Immediately, the smell of bread and chicken hit my nose, and my stomach growled toward it. I didn't think Spanish food smelled that good...

I walked over to the counter, and from there I had an amazing view of the whole restaurant. First, the counter was made of glass- with fish in it. I saw a little girl poking the tank, and a fish swam away from her finger. She didn't freak out, though; she was too mesmerized.

Then you get to the rest of the restaurant, and holy Hell was it gorgeous. The walls had chandeliers. The walls! Usually they go on the ceiling but this place had animal lamps to replace them. All the lamps surrounded a larger, circular yellowish one, which looked really pretty.

But the ceiling isn't just a creak with fish, frogs and other things swimming around a regular lamp; the ceiling itself had a texture with toys and other things carved into it. I noticed a jack in the box, next to a shark- all in white. Incredible!

The walls, where the chandeliers are, were painted a maroon ombré where it's lighter at the floor. It has orange-like diamond lines on top. The floor had an extremely brown carpeting, and the tables and chairs look comfortable.

This, my friend, is what I call paradise.

Or I'm just being biased.

I walked closer to the wide opening of the counter-fish-tank to order my table. The guy was under the counter, taking small boxes of ketchup packets to give to his costumer that ordered to go. Once that person received his ketchup, he walked away to leave me starring at the sexiest man I've ever saw.

Wait.

Fuck, Rin! No! I have a girlfriend! I tell myself in my head as I inch closer to him. He smiled an incredibly amazing smile and his brown eyes glowed. Shiiiiiit. "Can I take your order, ma'am?" He said, in the sexiest voice ever. "Ah... What?" I said, not paying attention to what he said. "Jesus, what do you want?" He snaps, losing his charm. Oh god, he's the short-tempered type.

"I j-just wanted a table for four, please." I admit sheepishly. He smiles and then says, "alright. Just wait patiently and we'll take you to your table." I nod and step to the side. Oh my god, the regret in me is real.

As I sit down to reevaluate myself, I noticed a certain green haired girl walking by. There were people in the way, but I think she caught me instead. She walked passed everyone and finally made it to me in full view.

Miku smiled happily at me, her hair tied into a small curly beehive. She wore a black velvet dress that hugged her nicely: her chest was visible because the shoulder-strap was just hanging onto her frame, and the dress itself was long enough to reach her ankles. The dress had a split up to her waist to reveal her legs. Under that were fishnet tights that sparkled more than my future, and black loubotin pumps to go with it.