Chapter 33

"Miku, open the door." I say, trying to bust the door down. She has been crying in her room for almost an hour now, and her isolating herself from me has got me on edge. I'm going to fall off, here!

When she finally opens the door, I noticed her left arm was bleeding. "Miku, what did you do??" I say, and she fell into me. "Miku??" I call, and it just seems like she was lost in her own world. I take her back to the couch, and rush to find a first aid kit. As soon as I found one, hidden in the bathroom mirror, I quickly tended to Miku's forced wound.

"Why? Why did you do this?" I question, feeling my concerns rise to highest degrees. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she chants in response, and I felt my whole body shake. "Miku, that's not okay." I say, bandaging up her arm. "What did you use to do that?"

Miku pulled out a small kitchen kmife, making me jump in place. "I... I kept it under my bed..." sje said slowly, and I comtinued to shake. "But..." Miku then placed it down on the coffee table, next to our unwashed soup bowls.

"I hid it there so that I wouldn't do this... But I did it," Miku said shakingly, and I took the kmife away from her and put it in my bag. I held her into a hug. "I need help," Miku cried helplessly, and I hugged tighter.

"Then utilize me, Miku! Why do you think I'm here?" I question franticly. I didn't know she was planning to do that.

"I hate my brother, Rin. I hate him. And I'm scared of my own mother... I just want to be with you, Rin. I want to live with you instead. I feel safer with you, I don't want them to come back," Miku says in desperation, and I proceed to do what I always do, which is rub her back. "If they come back, then I'd rather be dead... Please help me," Miku cries out, and that's when I lost it.

"I promise I will, Miku. Isn't that what the song is about?" I tell her, hoping to calm her down. She was breathing heavily. As Miku kept chanting, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," I was thinking hard of what to do. "I promise I'll keep you safe," I say, biting into my lip, praying that I am telling the truth.

~~~•~~~•~~~

The weekend finally rolled around, and for the rest of the week I have been given roses, dahlias, orchards, etc as a "secret admirer" skit. "I told him no," I grumbled under my breath during lunch on Friday. I didn't find Len or Miku anywhere, which for my girlfriend it made sense. Len, on the other hand... It would be nice to have a friend to talk to. I'm holding some violet camillias, tolerating random strangers asking me about my "boyfriend". I groan and sit my head on the table.

As if I couldn't feel worse enough, Yian comes out of hiding to talk to me. "Hi, Rin," he says, and I shivered. "Um, Yian, what is this?" I question, and Yian smiles his dorky smile. "I thought you'd like it. What do you think?"

I sigh angrily, and stood up to his face. "Yian. I do not like you like that. I like girls. I like Miku. As much as I understand your house situation and your own personal life, I can NOT give you what you need. I can only do so much for you. So THANK you for the flowers, they're lovely, but I am not interested." At that moment, I walked out the cafeteria again, not wanting to look at the person who looks like the guy who raped my girlfriend in the eyes.

By the end of the day, my mind was blank. What is there to think about? I have thought of everything. And as I waited for a bus to come, I realized I couldn't find my wallet. "Shit, where is it?" I ask frantically, looking and shuffling through every pocket in my bag. I groan, anger filling inside me the more I had to search.

And of course, Yian comes by to see me again. What a great time to see him. "H-hey, Rin."

I stare at him in disbelief. "Are you joking?" I say, and Yian smiles. "No, no, I just wanted to ask if I could take you home? A-as friends I mean." After all the looking that I committed in that minute, I just want to go home.