Chapter 27

"Hey, Rin?" Miku says in her bed. I look towards her direction sleepily. "Yes, Miku?" I say, and nothing returns. "..." I look at her, wishing she'd speak faster. "What if we had our own family?" That shocked me, but I was too tired to respond.

Why is she asking me this?

"I-I mean, I'm just thinking about our future, y'know? Just... Wondering." Yeah, alright, that seems legit. I'm 17 so it's not like I actually want a family right now.

"Rin?"

"...Yes?"

"Rin... I'm pregnant..."

I shot up from my bed, breathing heavily. Whoa. That was... some weird dream. I shake my head, and hop off my bed. Ai...

I leave my room to wash my face asap. It was just a dream... but, at the same time, it felt so real... I cringe, wondering how my brain could conjure up such a thing. To think that Miku could ruin her life with something so undoable... Naaah.

I rinse my face and brush my teeth, telling myself over and over that she wouldn't do something so naive. Or, well, that naive. It's impossible... Right? Man, I hate those dreams that feel all too real. If it's a good dream, you wake up to damn reality. If it's a bad dream, you wake up with a heart attack and a half.

I spit the toothpaste out and rinse my mouth. Hm. Bedroom hair. Nice. A pimple on the left side of my forehead. I'll cover that with my bangs. My eyes were as blue as ever. That's a relief: it's the only part I like about myself... for the most part. I have underbags. Lack of sleep. I sigh, and begin to comb my hair.

After a crazy week and a half of our school mourning Gumi's loss (their pretentious asses), things have finally settled down and class has returned back to normal. There were still posters hanging up though, with a picture of Gumi smiling at the camera man, and a little saying underneath saying she will be missed. The usual.

Speaking of the usual, class is boring. Well, except for one class... Mr Brian was still acting weird ever since that death. I guess we'll have to deal with it until he gets fired. If it's not for "pedophilic relationship with a student," it's because he's lost his marbles. All throughout English, he just gave us a worksheet and began knitting a scarf. In class.

But in reality, he is still trying to cope. I guess that's how life is. Always trying to cope. The wonders of being psychologically broken... I started putting myself in his shoes. I wonder what would hurt more?

Disabled or not, my heart would still yearn for the girl that makes life so much more interesting. I got jealous over a corpse for the life of me. It's so weird because she did change into someone I could never imagine tolerating... and yet, here we are.

It was beginning to feel weird without anyone pestering me, though. It was mostly Gumi and her groupie, but they split apart without their leader. Jake is still being investigated, and Yian, well... Let's just say the investigation was made easy.

How do I know? Found out he went insane after I hit his head a couple times on the pavement. Well, at least insane enough to admit his wrongdoing. He probably wanted to admit it, who knows.

All I wanted to know, though, was how Yian was doing. I went up and talked to him at the end of the day.

It's 3. Usually Yian is the first to leave out the school- well, not this time. I called his name, and he flinched. He turns around, and I run up to him. "Oh, um..." He says awkwardly, and I smile at his awkwardness. "Hi, Yian." I say, and he just looks at me.

"What do you want?" He asks wearily, and my eyes widen. "I just wanted to check up on you." I say, just as awkwardly. Nice to know he appreciates a good person. "Uh... do I know you?" He asks, and I furrow my eyebrows. "I'm Rin Kagamine. Nice to officially... talk to you." I say slowly, the awkwardness of this conversation intensifying.