Chapter 6

After a heavy explanation to the way-too-optimistic librarian lady, many morning kisses, a dragging argument whether Miku should take me home or not, and a risky conclusion to end all the arguments we started, I'm finally walking home in my damned light clothes. I'm gritting my teeth and my legs are wobbly, making the sound of Miku's humming amplify. Apparently my whole body is reacting in a way I focus on everything a lot more- and it's probably because I'm anxious to find warmth.

Miku smiled at me and I didn't even notice until she did the cliche move of warming me up with her sweater. I blush and remove the warm garment off my shoulders immediately, handing it back to her awkwardly. She giggles and takes it back, and I blush even more. Damn it, she's cute! My left hand was connected to her right, and I felt a little warmth with her walking with me.

I felt like the whole world is gone and it was just me and her walking. I felt so comfortable despite feeling so cold and I gritted my teeth with appreciation.

It's a shame my appreciation won't save my ass later.

Once we made it into town, Miku had dropped my hand and we looked like friends instead of lovers. I bite my cheek with disappointment but I was the one who asked for secrecy. I let out a sigh and my breath was visible. As we passed through the people and the jobs and the housing that's awake at such an early time, I wonder what's going to happen when I get home.

People were shoveling virgin snow already. People were putting up lights. People were setting trees. People were going shopping. So early in the morning? Yup. What is too early for the days you spend getting ready for Christmas Eve? It's November and it's exciting to prepare early, obviously. I mean, who doesn't love Christmas?

Miku tapped on my shoulder and frowned. I looked to her with a confused face as she pointed forward. I looked at her direction, still confused as to what she wanted me to look at. Then I saw it. My eyes were as big as frisbees, and I felt like concrete was slowly drying inside of me. It was someone I did not want to see at a time like this.

Marther??

I grab Miku's hand and pull her into a sushi shop that was in the left side of us. As soon as we hit the awkwardly, silently, warm deli, Miku itches the back of her head and I breathe heavily out of fear. What the hell was he doing here? I take my hair pins out of my bangs and I try to fix them since they were coming loose. Seeing dad out in the streets give me bad memories.

"I thought he left Japan altogether?" Miku questioned silently, not wanting the only lady and a male cook to hear her. Seeing his brown hair, his fair skin, his blue eyes and his content ponder in those eyes gives me shivers. I hate that man with a passion and I never wanted to see him ever again.

I sigh as I tried to figure it out. I thought he left Japan too. Why is he still here? Why, after four years, does he show up now? I take a seat and wonder this to myself. "Your mom isn't going to like you when you get home." Miku silently tells me, and my eyes widen again.

Shit...

"Miku, go check to see if he's still out there!" I demand, anxiety creeping up my throat. Miku nods as she exits the door, and I sit myself at a table in worry. I mumbled a bunch of swear words under my breath as the lady starred at me three tables ahead. How embarrassing! How cruel! How tragic! I'm already overlooking all the punishments I'm going to receive when I get home, and the fact that my dad is walking around all handy-dandy doesn't make this feel any better.

I don't want him to see me but I definitely need to get my ass back home!

Before I could go on swearing under my breath, a guy poked me with a finger. "I recognize you." He says, and I look up at the face. My eyes sparkle as I set my eyes on his face, the only face I know and love. "Oh my gosh... Oh my gosh!" I stand up and hug the one and only Gakupo Samui, who had left the country. "I can't believe you're here!" I tell him happily, and a smile replaced the frown I had on earlier. "Yeah. I decided I was bored over there so I wanted to come back. It's so nice to see you."