Chapter 24

I'm wearing my favorite dress, which was black with a white collar and two white bottons at the top. I decided to wear my lace bow headband, white baby socks and my favorite ankle boots. The reason why I look so gothy today is because tomorrow is the wake, and I wanted to give my condolences to the family head first.

As I made it to Gumi's house, I noticed how... well, big it is. They don't live in a mansion, but they do live in a three story house that belongs to them. This is Gumi's house. No one else lives here but her family. The outside corridor was designed so beautifully, it was almost like a mansion. They have their front yard with shrubs on both sides of the pathwalk leading up to their front door. The shrubs continue around the block, creating a fence like barrier. The walkway had a plathera of mixmatch stones, and two old birdbath fountains on each side of their lawn.

I can't even imagine what the inside of these houses could possibly look like, because I live in an apartment. But this is where Gumi used to live.. in the richer side of the town. All the neighboring houses looks similar to this one. It was accompanied by doctors and psychiatrists, mathmeticians and scientists who could afford it. The cost of living here could make me go broke.

Anyway, Miku had asked me if she can come along with me, but I told her that I wanted to go alone for personal reasons I would explain later. She let it go, and since then I left early in the morning to come here. I have to thank Miku for giving me the address.

It's so ironically sunny that I had to chuckle to myself. I was wearing a varsity sweater to keep me warm in this windy day. It's 9:10. I breathe in, then breathe out. I don't know these people, so I have no idea what to expect.

I ring the door bell and wait. It took about a minute before I rang the doorbell again. I expected as much, since my visit is unplanned afterall. After a third time, I began to feel weary. I have no idea what exhaustion this family could possibly cause me, since Gumi herself was a pain in the ass.

I was going to walk away when I saw the door creak open. "Hello?" I hear a slight french accent, coming from the now revealed mother of Gumi. Or, so I think. I mean, she has dark green hair that was curled, pale skin, red lipstick, a fluffy robe that had a zebra print on it, and a long cigarette staff to comemorate Ms. Cruela De Vil.

"Uh..." I say, awkwardness filling inside my body. "Hi, I'm Gumi's friend, Rin" I say, gritting my teeth at "friend". The lady looked at me with her nose a little high. At this point, I can see her definition. She has a skinny figure, you can tell. Her asian eyes was covered in pigmented light blue eyeshadow, and her face clear of pores. She didn't need to contour, because she already looks defined enough as is. At least she wasn't wrinkly, or the irony would be all too real.

This lady blows a smoke, and smiles sweetly. "Aw, cute. You look like a doll." I stare at her, feeling kind of intimidated. Maybe I could've worn a better dress...?

"Come in, dearie." I gulp, nod, and enter the house. WOW. You would think the exterior would be the most beautiful thing, but the living room looked amazing. The floor was a beautiful dark brown wood, with the couch being a dark red loveseat. The carpet under the couch was creme colored, and the night stands were made of glass. They had installed those floral ceiling fans on the ceiling, which was also creme colored. It smelled like apple and cinnamon, and the decor is beautiful. A painting of an orange to dark blue sunset, a painting of a few people by a river bank, and a huge portrait of Gumi stitched into a blanket was hanging at my left. This living room is gorgeous!

The lady walks beside me, smiling everytime she blows a smoke. "Like what you see?" She said, and I nod. "You've got such a beautiful house, miss." I say, feeling impressed. "Why, thank you, deary. By the way, I am Gumi's mother. But you can call me Nikita." She smiles, and I face her. "Oh, okay... uh... Nikita..." I say awkwardly.