Chapter 40

I walked into the room where Uncle Kol and Aunt Freya were, Aunt Freya was doing the Uncle Nik's enemies spell again. I walked to Uncle Kol as I saw the blood spots moving towards New Orleans. I looked at them,
Uncle Kol said" I guess you're not being paranoid when there is, in fact, a horde of killers out to get you."

Uncle Kol was looking at weapons, Uncle Nik and Lijah came in,
Uncle Kol said" Freya's tracking your former sirelings now, so it won't be long. Which works for me. I could use a good fight."
Uncle Lijah said" Well, we do have an advantage. No vampire may enter this stronghold so long as the deed remains in Freya's name." I was holding onto the rails of the stairs, looking at them.
" So what? We hide in here while our enemies mass at the front gate?"
Uncle Nik said" Well, if they're so determined to die at our hands, let them come." We heard someone come in, I looked at them," Stay where you are, Peter." They walked out, I saw a lot of people come in, I gulped and slowly went up the stairs and hid. I listened,
I heard Marcel say" I Never thought it would come to this. But, as always, the Mikaelsons made my choice for me."
Uncle Nik said" Marcel. How?"
" How are we in your home? I have friends who can nullify a deed, foreclose on a property, like that. Or did you mean, how am I not a rotting corpse?"
" I thought my friend was dead, and yet here you are. So send these fools away, and let's talk. You and me." I stopped listening,
I heard yells, I got scared and sped out, getting out of here.
I saw Hayley,
She said" Oh, thank god. Come on, Peter, let's go." I ran to her, hugging her stomach," Yeah, I know, buddy."

We were at Lucien's penthouse, they were looking for something,
Aunt Freya said" It's not here. I can't find it."
Hayley said" Calm down. Freya, think. When you were poisoned before, Klaus stole an antidote from Lucien. It has to be here."
" There's no other place to look. If I can't find the cure, I will die."
I heard Uncle Lijah yell" Freya!" They walked into the other room, I stayed by Hope, they were hurt. I walked to the door, Uncle Nik was dragging Uncle Kol to the couch, he was bit.
I heard Uncle Kol say" I'm going to die."
Uncle Nik said" You're not going to die." Hope and I started crying, Hayley came to us. I looked at Hayley then walked towards my family, Hayley stopped me.
Hayley said" No, no, no, hey, stay with me, okay? Huh? Stay with me, okay?"
I said" What's happening?"
" A lot of bad things, okay? Really bad things..." I saw tears in her eyes, she pushed them back," But everything's gonna be okay, huh, bud? Can you put on a brave face for me?" I nodded my head," Good job."
——
Uncle Lijah said" It's not a trial, it's a suicide. Take Hayley, take Hope and Peter, get the hell out of the city." I pulled my knees closer to my chest, staring at them, Uncle Lijah and Kol were bit by Marcel, he turned into what Lucien was. Aunt Freya was poisoned.
Hayley said" No. We won't leave you."
Uncle Kol said" No! Davina! Please! No, please don't leave me!" Hayley and Uncle Elijah held him down, I stood up, walking to them while Aunt Freya and Uncle Nik were talking.
Uncle Lijah said" Peter, go, it's-" I touched Kol's forehead, grabbing Mommy's ring, closing my eyes.

Mommy and Uncle Kol were playing on ruins of something,
Mommy laughed" Come on, Mister Slow, catch me if you can!"
Uncle Kol said" I'll catch you! You just need to stop cheating!"
" I'm not cheating, I'm using my abilities to my advantage!"
" Cheating!" He jumped onto the rocks she was on,
" No! Kol! Too much-" They toppled down," Weight! Kol, I'm gonna kill you, you've got my dress dirty!"
" It was horrid anyways, twin. I'll steal you another."
" You are extraordinarily ridiculous, Kol, you know that?"
" Of course, you remind me every day of our lives!"
" Ha ha!" He lifted her up, going in circles," Kol! I'll feed you to the bears!"
" You're scared of bears, bad blood."
" I am... I'll feed you to the bees, then!" Uncle Kol laughed, putting her down, she pushed his chest," Terrible! Twin, causing all this damage because you thought you could catch me."
" I caught you though."
" Ha, when?"
" Just now!" He tried to grab her but failed, she sped to a tree," Get back here!" They continued to play...

I opened my eyes, Uncle Kol was calm for now,
Hayley said" Peter, go hang out with Hope, okay?" I nodded my head, rubbing my eyes, Uncle Lijah kissed my head as I walked by him.

Uncle Nik left to go on trial, I looked at Hope, she didn't know what was going on, and I'm happy she didn't, this isn't good for anyone. Aunt Freya was doing the spell,
We got Uncle Lijah and Kol to sit down, I was looking at Aunt Freya and Hayley.
Hayley said" Rebekah, is it over? I will, hang tight, I'll come for you soon."
Aunt Freya said" Rebekah's dagger. It has her blood." She sat sat, I laid my head on the back of Kol's head,

" It's gonna be okay." I looked at Uncle Kol," Give 'em hell, Little Bad Blood."

I opened my eyes, Aunt Freya started the chanting, they started shaking, I held Uncle Kol's hand. Then they all passed out, I looked at them, I got scared.
I said" Hayley!" I sped to her, wrapping my arms around her stomach, her hand land on my head, rubbing my hair. She breathed out, I looked at them, I felt her hand run through her hair. I blinked away the tears," We gotta go."

We got Aunt Rebekah, and put them into caskets, Hayley was still back there with them. I buckled in Hope, then myself, Hayley came into the front. She got in, she saw the letter from Uncle Nik to Hope, she smiled then checked our seatbelts before starting to drive.
I watched us pass the leaving sign of New Orleans, I looked at Hope and Hayley, we're gonna find a way to make our family whole again.