Chapter 10

Aunt Rebekah came into my room, she rubbed my head,
She said" Feeling better?" I nodded, she moved my chin up," What happened to your neck?"
I said" It was itchy, so I started scratching it."
" Oh, darling, your voice is hoarse."
" Horse?"
" No, not horse. Hoarse as in rough, and scratchy. Come on, you'll be going with me." I got up, and she helped me get dressed before we left, she was carrying me.

We got to some place, she opened the door and we went in,
Aunt Rebekah said" Because that is what Klaus does. Don't mind me. I'm fascinated by this story. Hello, Tyler."
Tyler said" Rebekah. Long time, no see."
" What Tyler was about to tell you is that my brother can use his baby's blood to sire more hybrids. What you will all figure out is that vampires don't stand a chance. So, Tyler, I assume you were trying to rally this lot into making sure the baby isn't born."
" Yeah. You don't like it, go ahead and take your brother's side, but you know I'm right."
" I believe you've mistaken the lady's intentions."
A vampire said" Alright. What's going on?"
Aunt Bekah said" You're absolutely right, Tyler. My brother is a crap enough individual as it is. The last thing he needs is to sire a superior species. Go on. You can tell them."
Marcel said" She's not here to fight us. She's here to help us."
" That's right, but first-" she let go of my hand and sped to Tyler and broke his neck. Then she sat down," Whew, that is enough talk about harming that baby. Klaus is the one we're putting a stop to." I walked to her and scooted onto her lap, she rubbed my head.

I was sat in a chair, then Aunt Rebekah crouched in front of me,
She said" I need you to go to Elijah, and stay with him, okay?"
I said" Why?"
" Because this is too dangerous to even risk your life."
" Will we come back soon?"
" Yes, you will, soon. I want you to speed to the house, grab your bag and put a few things in there, okay? Then you run to his scent, okay?"
" How do i do that?"
" You breathe in, really deep, and you'll find his scent, and you run as fast as you can to it, okay? Can you do that for me?"
" Yeah."
" Good boy, there's wrapped sandwiches in the fridge, grab them, grab you clothes and your medicine, and a toy, okay?"
" Okay, Aunt Beks."
" Where'd you get that name from?"
" I don't know."
" Your mom used to call me that. Okay, go." I nodded then got up, walking out and headed for the house.

Once I got to the house, I sped upstairs and to my room, I packed a bag, then sped to the kitchen, I grabbed everything and then sped out the door. I sped towards the bayou, and started taking deep breathes, then I caught his scent. I sped towards the scent as fast as I could, just like Aunt Rebekah told me to.
I got to a trail, I slowed down, I started walking, then I coughed, puking again. I sped up and then saw Hayley,
I said" Hayley!" She turned to look at me, she sighed and I ran to her, collapsing in her arms." Where's Uncle Lijah?"
She said" He's sick, very sick, but he'll be better soon."
" Like me? I'm sick, too."
" Do you have medicine?" I nodded at her,
" Who's that?" I looked at the woman behind her," Is she friend?"
" Yeah, she's not our enemy." Hayley stood up, holding me on her hip, ruffling my hair.
We were sitting next to a fire,
The woman said" I'm sure you got questions."
Hayley said" Only a thousand of them, like who are you, why are you following me, where the hell is everyone, and if the people in this book really are my family, what happened to them?"
" I'm Eve. I'm following you because you brought an Original to werewolf country, which is pretty much the same Reason why everybody else skedaddled. If you want to know what happened to the people in that family tree, summing it up nice and quick, Marcel happened."
" What did he do?"
" He killed most of them. Later, the descendants of the ones who dodged death, he strong armed a witch into putting a curse on them."
" What kind of curse?"
" Swap nature around, inside out, made it so their natural state was wolves. They only turn back to human on the full moon. We get hunted by the marks we carry, that crescent moon birthmark. That's why I got rid of mine. I didn't want to get found out." Uncle Lijah walked out of the cabin, Hayley stood up so did the woman, Eve.
Then Uncle Lijah said" Good evening. Think I might have something which belongs to you."
Hayley said" Elijah, I've got this. Are you okay?"
" The wound had healed, the fever has broken, but for some strange reason, I have this sharpened lingering sensation in my back."
" I have to get him home, but I'll be back, okay? I need to know more."
Eve said" Keep that mark covered up." She walked away, I rubbed my face and waited to leave.
Uncle Lijah said" What happened?"
Hayley said" I just met part of my family." She walked into the cabin, I yawned then felt dizzy. Then everything went sideways as I fell asleep.

I woke up when Hayley lifted me up,
I said" Where are we?"
She said" Uh... back home." I got out of the car and we walked to the porch, sitting on the steps.
Soon, Uncle Nik came outside,
He said" You're coming with me, little wolf."
Hayley said" Why would I go anywhere with you?"
" Because, Hayley, that child you carry is the only thing on this earth that matters to me. Now, you can fight me on this, but you will lose. As will anyone else who will try to stop you getting in this car." Hayley looked at the door then got up, I got up to follow her. Hayley looked at me then to Uncle Nik, he sighed then opened the back door. Hayley and I got into the car, I don't understand what's going on? I wonder if anyone can explain this to me.