Chapter 53

Vincent said" The Hollow has been haunting New Orleans for centuries. It's an unending evil. Its appetite for power is insatiable. And that's what attracted it to your little girl."
Uncle Nik said" You said there was a way to save her."
" There is. But I'm gonna tell you right now, you are not gonna like my plan. Step one: we pull the Hollow out of Hope. Step two: we find someplace else to put it. But with the book gone, I need a place that's both powerful and eternal. And in order to make the transition work, I'm gonna need something that's connected to Hope through blood." Oh, god.
Aunt Freya said" You need a vampire. You want to put the Hollow into one of my siblings."
" One ain't gonna cut it. I'm gonna need four of them."
Uncle Lijah said" Why four of us?"
" Well, 1,500 years ago, when the Hollow was first killed, they divided her remains. Four bones, four volunteers, four different locations. That's how we're going to beat the Hollow now."
Aunt Freya said" Transfer the Hollow's power into four immortal vampires."
Aunt Rebekah said" And just send us on our way."
Uncle Nik said" So the evil is drawn, quartered and separated for all time."
Vincent said" And you have to go your separate ways, and you have to stay separate. For all time. You can never see each other again. Can never go near each other again." I looked at them," That is the only way that we're gonna beat the Hollow."
" Well, if it'll save my little girl, then we will make it so."

They were doing this, we're really hoping Kol shows up, Hayley has to stay with Hope and Uncle Nik won't allow me to be apart of this. Hope needs me.
Uncle Nik said" No word from Kol and Hayley."
Uncle Lijah said" Try again."
" What is the bloody point..."
" Niklaus, try again!" Hayley walked in,
" Where have you been?"
She said" Doesn't matter. Vincent told me everything. Is this really happening?"
Aunt Rebekah said" Assuming our other immortal brother answers the damn phone."
" We still need to go get Hope. Vincent said the Hollow is gathering a congregation at the church."
Uncle Nik said" Let's go get her."
" She's possessed, Klaus, surrounded by followers. We can't just go running in there."
Aunt Rebekah said" Hayley, we have a plan. It's actually a rather good one."

I heard Marcel speed away, I nodded to Uncle Nik, we walked out,
He said" Hear ye, hear ye, all disciples and acolytes of the evil Hollow. Now that your master had been subdued, the power she promised you has been revoked, rendering you helpless, and bringing this pitiful coup to a rather abrupt end. This dark object has the astounding ability to seal you in the room." He broke it, they were sealed in,
Uncle Lijah said" Which is very inconvenient indeed. Particularly when one considers the architectural composition of the structure. And so, with very little effort..." He caught the molotov cocktail on fire," This place becomes an inferno." He dropped the bottle into the crowd, they screamed.
———
Vincent lied... I mean, he kinda meant well... but he should have just told the truth. And Kol's still not here and we're all kinda freaking out but not letting anyone else see. I've been trying to keep them up, telling them Uncle Kol will show up, but the closer it gets to the time for the ritual... it's getting harder to keep their hopes up.

Uncle Kol showed up, I sighed, I followed him,
Uncle Kol said" Easy for you to say. You haven't had to live without it."
Aunt Freya said" I didn't think you were coming."
" Almost didn't, but given the number of messages and magic notes appearing in my pocket, I figured it might be an emergency." Aunt Freya hugged him, I sighed.

Aunt Rebekah and I walked Uncle Kol to Uncle Nik and Lijah.
Aunt Rebekah said" Look who decided to show up."
Uncle Nik said" Little brother. You always did love a dramatic entrance."
Uncle Kol said" Well, I prefer them more than my departures, which often involved you and the pointy end of a dagger."
Uncle Lijah said" Now that we're all here... shall we?" We walked out, but I saw Uncle Nik stop Uncle Lijah.

We were ready,
Vincent said" Uh, Kol, if you would, right there. Uh, Rebekah, perfect. Right there." Marcel walked in, Hayley was in the middle of the square, holding Hope on her lap.
Aunt Rebekah said" What the hell are you doing here? You come to gloat?"
Marcel said" No, I came to make sure that this works."
Vincent said" Elijah, I need you right there at the top. Klaus, right there for me, please. And we are ready. I just want to say that what you guys are doing here today is gonna go a long way towards setting things right in this city. The Hollow took everything away from me. It inspired nothing but suffering and torment. It's ruined families, it's gone after little kids. And yet, here and now, despite all of our differences, and there are many... thank you. Freya."
Aunt Rebekah said" The savage Mikaelsons heroically defeating a terrible evil. Maybe this will finally earn us our redemption."
Uncle Nik said" Do any of us really believe that?"
Uncle Lijah said" Not for a second. It's a wonderful sentiment." Aunt Freya and Vincent got onto their knees.
Vincent said" Hayley, when I tell you to, I want you to take the manacles off. Hold onto Hope. Do not let her go. Everybody else, when this spell is over, you got to get away from each other, and you have to stay away from Hope."
Aunt Rebekah said" Always and forever. We had a good run."
Uncle Lijah said" Yeah."
Vincent said" Diviser... Diviser ak konkeri. Diviser... ak konkeri." The wind picked up," Diviser ak konkeri." The lights started flickering," Diviser ak konkeri. Chire apa ak pó. Ak konkeri. Ak pó. Hayley, do it now. Do it now, Hayley." Hayley took off the shackles, the blue light went up, then seperated into the four originals. It disappeared inside of them.
Aunt Rebekah said" I can hear it.... whispering."
" Okay, you guys need to go. Now!" Uncle Kol sped off, then Aunt Rebekah, Uncle Lijah looked at Hayley then sped off.
Uncle Nik said" I need to know if she's all right."
" Klaus, I promise you, she is going to be okay if you go." Hope woke up,
Hayley said" It's okay, baby. You're okay."
Hope said" Mom. Daddy?" She looked at Uncle Nik," What's happening?"
Uncle Nik said" Hope. I love you." Then he sped off.
" Dad? Dad! Dad!" I sighed and sped to her, rubbing her hair.

Hayley and I walked downstairs, walking to Hope and Aunt Freya. Hayley hugged Freya,
Hayley said" You ready?"
Hope said" Yeah, yeah." They walked away, I hugged Aunt Freya then ran to them.

Once we were on the road, and Hope was asleep,
I said" I'll see you in Virginia... I've gotta go annoy someone."
Hayley said" Normal school... well, slightly."
" Hayley... Mikaelson doesn't exactly have a good name there... and that's where my mom was killed by Damon Salvatore..."
" You wouldn't leave Hope."
" I would not, and that's why I hate you for using your daughter as a way to get me to agree."
" Mmhmm. So, Kol or Rebekah?"
" Kol. My mother hid a grimoire, and he probably knows where it's hidden, and I want it."
" See you in a few hours." I smiled as she stopped the car,
" Love you."
" Love you too." I sped out and sped off, calling Uncle Kol.

I stopped as he picked up,
He said" Miss me already?"
I said" You wish, neanderthal. My mother's hidden grimoire, you know where she hid it?"
" Obviously."
" Where?"
" I'll tell you when you get here." I smiled and sped off," See in a few." He hung up, I smiled wider and went faster.
———
I walked up to Hayley and Alaric,
Hayley said" Magical potions, spell-casting, broomstick riding."
Alaric said" Yeah, well, there is some of that. I've just spent a lot of time with supernatural people who were never comfortable in who they were. These kids... These kids will be better." I wrapped my arm around Hayley's waist, she looked at me, smiling and kissed my head. Hope saw me, she smiled widely and waved at me, I smiled and walked to her, kissing her head. This place will be good for Hope... maybe even for me, but I'm not so sure.