Chapter 33

I woke up, looking around, something just happened... something big just happened. I grabbed my phone, calling Josh, he wasn't answering... I pressed Davina's number, I gulped as it went to mail. I got up, speeding to my clothes and getting dressed, I ran downstairs,
Ally, the woman who was compelled to care for me, was making breakfast. She said" Hey, little man, how was your sleep?" I walked to her and looked at her,
I said" I'm big enough to know when it's my time for return, enough has happened already... Forget me." I sped out, going towards home once again... too much has happened while I've been away. Too many bad things and I wanna go home, I want to be with my family.

I got into New Orleans, pulling up my hoodie, Davina... where's Davina? I sped to her location, I got to the door, looking at it.
I said" Davina?! Are you okay? You didn't answer my call!" The door opened slightly and I saw Davina, she smiled at me.
She said" You're not supposed to be back here yet."
" Then you should really learn to answer my calls... I get worried."
" Who knows you're back?"
" No one. Can I come in? What're you hiding?" I tried to peek past her but she stopped me, I pouted,

I saw fast images, of mommy and Kol, they were dancing.

I asked" You did it?!"
She said" Did what?"
" You're not a good liar." She laughed, smiling,
" I didn't do anything." I heard a familiar voice,
He said" Davina, who is that?" Who's that voice? How do I know that voice?
I said" You did!"
Davina said" I have no idea what you're talking about, bad blood."
The guy said" Bad blood?" Footsteps approaching behind her,
" No..." I saw my Uncle Kol, I looked at him, he looked like Mommy, a lot, they were twins though.
I said" Hi, Uncle Kol." He chuckled, crouching down," You look like mommy."
" Peter, you can't tell anyone yet, okay? No one."
" It's okay, mommy said I had to protect Uncle Kol one day. You didn't have to lie to me." She smiled and ruffled my hair, I smiled,
Uncle Kol said" You look so much like Kova, it's uncanny." He held my face, looking at me," You look like me... that's scary to say." I giggled, smiling at Davina,
She said" Okay, I need a Peter hug." I smiled and jumped into her arms, she wrapped her ams around me, squeezing me." We've been keeping you informed, you know what you've walked into."
I said" I know my family is mad at you, but I'm not... it saved Marcel and Josh. I need to go tell Uncle Lijah I'm back, okay? He'll be worried." She nodded, Uncle Kol ruffled my hair, I smiled, then sped away.
———
I got to the palace, I saw Hayley, she saw me, she sighed,
She said" Bad Blood, what are you doing back?" She walked to me and crouched down,
I said" You need me."
" Yeah, we need you safe. Which is definitely not here."
" I'll be okay." I hugged her, she hugged me back,
" Watch Hope for me?"
" Duh." She kissed my head, then stood up, walking out, I sped up to Hope's nursery, smiling at her sleeping.
I heard Uncle 'Lijah say" You have impeccable timing, Peter." I turned to look at him," I really need to make sure the next nanny can't be compelled so easily."
I said" I'm here to help. You guys need me."
" Are you sure?"
" Uncle Nik is weak from losing his sires, Hayley's really sad, you need all the help you can get."
" Come along, Bad Blood." I smiled and walked to him, he held my hand as we walked away from Hope's nursery." Just like your mother, always getting your way." I hugged his arm, he lifted me up, hugging me back," But always in good nature."
——
Uncle Nik said" It was him. It was Gaspar Cortez."
Aunt Freya said" I assume this is someone from your box of letters."
" The youngest son of a particularly vile family of warlords I dealt with in the 17th century."
Uncle Lijah said" Didn't they burn that Philistine pigsty to the ground?"
" Pigsty? Belaga was my favorite artist's retreat. Someone had to pay for that so I murdered Gaspar's brute of a father."
Aunt Freya said" And?"
" And one or two-"
Uncle Lijah said" Five."
" Five of his bloodthirsty brothers."
" Don't forget the mistress."
" That was an accident."
" The point is, that Gaspar was but a footnote."
" Until he became a vampire, hell-bent on hunting me. He's a cunning deviant, known to compel hordes of the helpless to aid him with his tasks. You see, this is exactly what I was concerned about. Devils of all kinds, crawling out of their crevices to strike at me. Speaking of which." I heard Davina's footsteps, he sped away, I looked at Aunt Freya and Uncle Lijah. I sped down to see Uncle Kol throw Uncle Nik away from Davina.
Uncle Kol said" She didn't come alone, brother." I walked to Davina, this didnt gonna go good," Now, Nik, I mean you did go after my girl."
" It can't be."
Davina said" It's Kol. When I broke your sire link, it created a surge of power."
Aunt Freya said" You stole the nexus vorti."
" And brought your brother back from the dead."
Uncle Kol said" You should be thanking her, really." Uncle Nik hugged him, Uncle Lijah walked up to him," Hello, Elijah."
Uncle Lijah said" You haven't aged a day."
" And you..." He looked at Aunt Freya,
She said" Freya."
" Right. Long lost older sister. Speaking of twists and turns of our family tree, where might Rebekah be?"
Uncle Nik said" That's a long story. And one reserved for family. Davina can see herself out."
" Are you-"
" As per usual, our family faces a multitude of threats. The sooner you become acquainted with them, the better. I won't have you distracted-"
" Bye Davina? You know, if you could only pull your head out of your-"
Davina said" Kol, it's okay. I'll go."
" Davina." He followed her as she walked out, then he kissed her head then she walked out.
——
I was holding onto Uncle Kol's leg as he read the letters, Uncle Nik put him to work.
Uncle Lijah said" Well, isn't this the welcome home. Already at the mercy of Niklaus, and just in time to help the rest of us clean up his mess. Do you miss being dead, yet?" I laid my head on Uncle Kol's knee,
Uncle Nik said" Keep up your ceaseless whining and I'm sure he will. Here." He handed him a glass of blood," I compelled the house keeper."
Uncle Kol said" Next time, a blood bag will be fine. I'm meant to be off the fresh stuff."
" Attempting to be a better man for your girlfriend?"
" Well, I'd rather be with that girlfriend, but since your enemies have returned seeking vengeance, I suppose they ought to be murdered. So remind me, who was this Cortez?"
" His family decimated Belaga."
" Ugh, Belaga. That place was hideous."
Uncle Lijah said" Thank you, Kol."
Uncle Nik said" No taste. Either of you."
Uncle Kol" All right, calm down." He stood up, I stood up, wrapping my arms around his stomach." I know exactly how to find your enemies. As long as our new sister doesn't chafe at me for teaching her a quick spell. Mind if I burn these? And what is this child doing?"
" He likes to call it trapping, I call it annoying." I stuck my tongue out at Uncle Nik," He's becoming more like Kova every time he leaves." Uncle Lijah lifted me up, I laid my head on his shoulder.

They were doing the spell,
Uncle Kol said" Mixing the ashes of these letters with your blood, Nik, will show us where your enemies are." Aunt Freya gave him the bowl of blood and he poured the ash of the letters into it. He gave it back and Aunt Freya poured it onto the map, I laid my head on Uncle Lijah's side, staring at it." With feeling now." Aunt Freya started chanting, we watched the blood move to different spots all over the world. She stopped chanting, we looked at the map,
She said" Behold your greatest hits, Klaus. All over the world. But only one is here. Which means the legions of enemies you were worried about is an army of one."
" Now Surely, this is your Gaspar Cortez." He circled the dot at New Orleans, Uncle Nik left, then Uncle Lijah.
We were watching the map as the dots around the world started moving towards New Orleans.
Aunt Freya said" It never stops. Never."

Once Uncle Nik and Uncle Lijah came back,
Uncle Lijah said" So this might only be a fraction of your potential enemies."
Uncle Kol said" In hindsight, could've been nicer to people. Or at least left fewer survivors."
Uncle Nik said" We don't know all their motivations. Half of these people could want to put the bullet in your heart, end the sire war with the pull of a trigger."
Uncle Lijah said" I have an army devoted to keeping me alive. The only people that care to protect you... standing in this very room. As you well know, Niklaus, there is another way."
Aunt Freya said" You're going to run?"
Uncle Nik said" There was a time when the name Klaus Mikaelson was little more than a rumor. A shadowy figure who cast fear into the very bones of any who heard whisper of him. I don't run, sister. I disappear. And tonight, the three of you... are going to make that possible."
——
Uncle Kol said" We'll just get Nik to bleed into that chalice. Add some oleander and a spotted owl feather, I'll give you the incantation, and we'll be good."
Aunt Freya said" Impressive. You created this spell?" I was hanging off Uncle Kol's neck,
" Well, there's no witchcraft on this planet that I haven't studied. But, we both know you're well aware of that." Uncle Kol sat down, I yelped and jumped from him and jumped onto the chair, sitting on the arm." You and I met a century ago, didn't we? You were the only witch in town I couldn't charm into doing my bidding. Honestly, I just figured you fancied the ladies."
" Oh, because that's the only reason a woman wouldn't swoon for you?"
" Well, either that, or you're my long lost, not-so-dead older sister."
" I'm glad you're back. You should know Rebekah kept her promise to fight for you, before the curse. I suppose we're all lucky Davina never gave up on you." Uncle Kol checked his watch,
" She did right by me, didnt she? And now I have to do right by her. You mind if I write the spell down? There's somewhere I ought to be." He started writing down the spell, I looked over his shoulder," Why is this child so curious?"
" I heard he got it from his mom."
I said" What does fancy mean? What does swoon mean?"
Uncle Kol said" Fancy means like, swoon means falling for."
" You guys are old."
" So much like your mother. Bluntly honest..."
Aunt Freya said" Yes, he is, and he's quite rebellious, what happened to staying with your nanny till we called you back?"
I said" They've done it once, shame on them, they done it twice... I just didn't listen. I felt like you were in trouble, I had to come back."
" Well, Bad blood, I've heard your timing is quite impulsive."
Uncle Kol said" You know Bad Blood was your-"
I said" Mommy's name. Uncle Nik calls me mini Bad Blood. Or little weirdo."
Freya said" So honest..." I jumped off the chair and walked to her, she wrapped her arms around me," And getting so tall." She kissed my head, I smiled," You should be leaving again, you know."
" Not happening. I'll just come back." She sighed, squeezing me,
Uncle Kol said" Bye, Little Bad Blood." He walked out, handing Aunt Freya the spell,

Freya did the spell,
Uncle Nik said" Is it done?"
Aunt Freya said" Yes, and now any witch who does a locator spell will believe you're right here in New Orleans."
Uncle Lijah said" You know, for all of his mischief, Kol truly is a master of his craft."
Uncle Nik said" Yes, well, drawing trouble is his forte. You'll thank him for me?"
" Don't stop driving until you are absolutely certain that you're safe."
" You don't have to remind me how precious my cargo is." He kissed Freya's cheek," Keep him in line, would you, sister?" He kissed my head, looking at me," Keep them in line, mini bad blood." He grabbed his bag from Uncle Lijah and walked out.

We watched Uncle Nik leave with Hayley and Hope,
Aunt Freya said" It's going to be quiet around here."
Uncle Lijah said" You wouldn't bet on it." Aunt Freya lifted me up onto her hip, I laid my head on her shoulder, closing my eyes." Let's get him to bed."