Chapter 19

I walked downstairs with Uncle Klaus,
Hayley said" So... which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?"
Uncle Klaus said" Certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this."
" Hmm. Then I guess we have Elijah to thanks."
Uncle Lijah said" This wasn't my doing."
" Then where did this all come from?" Then plate started moving, I jumped to Hayley," Oh!" Uncle Klaus opened it and birds flew out," What the hell was that?"
Uncle Klaus said" An invitation from our mother."
Hayley and I were laying on the bed, she said" It is times like this I'm really glad I never knew my mother."
Uncle Klaus said" We have enough enemies here. And now the war for our home is to be fought against my own family."
" Your wretched mother and her disciples tried to put a carving knife through our baby's heart." I nudged her shoulder," And your nephew's heart, I will happily add to the body count."
Uncle Lijah said" You'll do no such thing. Ester's a master in the art of possession. We know whose body she currently inhabits. We must decipher her intentions before she finds a new host."
Uncle Klaus said" Well, her last invitation was an assassination attempt on all her children. I think we can assume her intentions are decidedly foul."
" Well, then, we have this afternoon to prepare for the worst." He walked out, Hayley rolled her eyes.
" Bloom is off the rose, I see."
Hayley said" Shut up."

I was trying to tie my shoes, where Uncle Klaus was,
Hayley said" So I guess letting Oliver live paid off. He just informed me your mother has a partner in crime. Another witch."
Uncle Klaus said" Building alliances in her quest to destroy us, I imagine."
" Why does she hate you so much, Klaus? She had 7 kids, it's not like she doesn't have the maternal gene."
" 8, actually. And I think at one time, she loved us very much. One died before I was born."
" I didn't know that."
" Years later, my brother Henrik was killed by the werewolves in our village. The loss of another child pushed my mother over the edge. So she used her magic to turn us into immortals. I think that's when she loved us the most. But it was her undoing. It triggered a sequence of events... that led to the reveal of her long-held secret. My birth fatehr was the werewolf whose pack killed my little brother. Of course when Mikael found out, he murdered my real father. And so my mother lost her lover too."
" Wow. No wonder she's crazy. I'm out of my mind having just given away Hope. I-I can't imagine if she'd actually died."
" You know, my siblings used to tell each other she didn't hate us. She hated herself for what we'd become. I think they believed that even after she tried to kill us all."
" What did you believe?"
" I don't know. I just knew I wanted her dead."
" Well, every good story needs a wicked witch. It'll be all the more satisfying when we melt her."

We walked up to Uncle Lijah and Klaus, Hayley said" Marcel's witch is being held captive in the Quarter."
Uncle Klaus said" Oh perfect, mother's a step ahead of us, as usual."
" Oliver's with her. I'll go, and I'll get her to do the spell, but I need the necklace."
Uncle Lijah said" I don't like this-"
" No, You don't get to ignore me for days and suddenly act like you're concerned, Elijah. Just for once, please, will you trust me that I will do something, and it will get done?" Uncle Klaus handed her the bird necklace," Thank you." She walked off, Uncle Lijah followed her, Uncle Klaus glanced to me.
" A disciple of marcel's was instructed to fetch another ingredient. Ask for Gia."
" Okay." She walked away, Uncle Klaus walked to Lijah,
He said" What's going on with you two?"
Uncle Lijah said" Nothing. She's stronger, that's all that matters."

So, the dinner was about to start, I was in my room, where I was banished to the rest of the night. But they've learned that I don't stay locked up in a cage. My eyes darted to the door then I opened it, I walked out as quietly as I could, and to the stairs case. I hid behind a pillar,
Uncle Klaus said" Are these outfits really necessary?"
Uncle Lijah said" Appearance is a way of showing respect, Niklaus. Mother will be more likely to surrender her true intentions."
" Well, I doubt her guard will drop because I'm dressed like a bloody lawyer."
" We need every advantage we can get, Niklaus."
" You always did excel at diplomacy. Just know if she tried anything, I'll tear her new body to pieces."
A man chuckled," You two haven't changed a bit. Linens and silk can't disguise your pathetic self-loathing. And you..." I slowly creeped down and hid behind another pillar," Despite the arrogant facade, you're still the same paranoid little boy. Full of hate... and fear."
Uncle Lijah said" Forgive me. I don't believe I've had the pleasure."
" You mean you don't recognize me? So much for the unbreakable bonds of family, huh? Always and forever indeed."
Uncle Klaus said" It's been a long time... Finn."
" Now that the introductions are out of the way... let's eat." Okay... that's scary, Finn? As in the Finn... mommy always said he was bad, a meanie. This isn't good. I backed away then ran upstairs, back to my room, okay... so if Finn's back... maybe mommy's back too, maybe she's back too. I sighed then waited till I knew it was safe for me to come out.

I heard Elijah say" Peter." I ran downstairs and saw them rushing to leave. I sighed and walked into the dining room, to see Cassie,
I said" Hi, Cassie, you should leave now."
Cassie said" Okay..." she got up, got her bearings then walked out, I watched her walk out before I sped off to find Uncle Lijah, Uncle Klaus, and Hayley. I found Hayley, then went to help my uncles, Hayley lifted me up onto her hip.
Once we all got back home,
Uncle Klaus said" Of course she used those damn birds to make her escape."
Uncle lijah said" besides our mother's offer of rebirth., What else did she say?"
Hayley said" I don't know. She rambled a lot. She blamed the two of you for what happened to Hope, to me."
Uncle Klaus said" Well, I trust you're not thinking of taking her offer. Hayley, I'm talking to you."
" What do you want me to say, Klaus? I lost my daughter. So yeah, when your mother offers to wipe the slate clean, excuse me if I'm tempted. By the way, thanks for your help tonight, Elijah. I'm sorry that it takes me being in danger for you to even talk to me." Hayley walked past me, grabbing my hand so I'd go with her.