Chapter 17

I missed Little Sister, but I wasn't allowed to speak her name. Hayley made me stay with her more than most, didn't really let me wander on my own much. She's just protective of me, but right now I was with Davina, she likes me, she says I'm someone she can trust in the Mikaelson family.
The man said" Here we go, Davina. Now sometimes, you're gonna have to give me the lowdown... on why you're so hooked on ancient Icelandic folk music."
Davina said" It's for someone else."
" I sure hope so. Here's your candy." I smiled and took the bag of candy he always gives me when Davina and me come into the store. I smelled wolf, I turned around and saw Oliver, I hid behind Davina.
Oliver said" Hey there, cutie."
Davina said" Don't call me that."
" So I heard that you ditched your coven. That's too bad. That other harvest girl, Cassie, she has been super helpful to all us wolves."
" She's making you moonlight rings, Oliver. I wouldn't call that helpful, I'd call that an alliance."
" Well, you can call it what you want, long as we don't have to turn in the full moon anymore... it works for me. Look, I'd take off if I were you. Things are about to get a little ugly in here. Hey, ya'll, store's closed. Get out, now."
Man said" Hey. What're you doing?"
" It's Joe Dalton, right? You see, I've been studying up on this store. It's been a staple of the quarter for 90 years. It's run by you, your daddy, and then his daddy before him?"
" That's right."
" Yeah, you see the thing is, Joe... there just ain't many photos of anyone in your family... but you."
Davina said" Oliver, no." Joe tried to run but was stopped by more of them, uh oh." Stop. Stop it. Stop it." She stopped them," Joe, get out of here." Joe ran away, I looked at Davina then sped out of there.
Uncle Klaus took me across the river to where Marcel lives,
Josh asked" What's the difference?"
Uncle Klaus said" A warrior fights for what they believe in. A warrior fights for his family."
I said" Josh! Marcel!" I ran to Josh and hugged him, Josh smiled and lifted me up onto his hip.

Marcel said" The wolves have the numbers. Back in 1925, the Guerrera pack was maybe 100. We went Guerrilla warfare on their asses, and wiped them out over a four-day fight. But we're not just talking about Guerras now. They've had wolves coming in from packs all over."
Uncle Klaus said" Well, we don't need to hit them all. Just the 12 with the rings that take me out every full moon."
" You wanna find 12 rings. Go out, chop off the hand of every wolf you find until you get what you want. Come on, you taught me that, you and Elijah are stalling, Why?"
" Because it's possible they're in possession of something very dangerous to us."
" They have the stake that can kill you."
" It went missing the night I lost my child. So... it's in play. The thought of that makes me very nervous... especially on nights like tonight." It was a full moon,
" Why would you tell me that?"
" Depends. Do you have it?"
" Course not. That kind of weapon does me no good. You die, I die. Along with every vampire we've ever sired."
" Well, then... perhaps you'd like to help me get it back. We attack the wolves tonight when the moon hits its apex. They won't expect it while I'm weak."
Joe said" Hey. Bad news or good news?"
" Klaus, Joe. Joe, Klaus. Now, you wanna talk Guerreras, nobody fought harder back in 1925 than Joe here. Fought so hard he retired into retail. Been keeping the peace ever since, living right under their noses."
" Yeah, well, good news is your order came in this morning. Bad news, I got made. Your friend Davina saved my ass, but what's done is done. So pour me a drink, play me a song, because it's gonna be my last."
" Joe, don't be dramatic. Just head out of town until things blow over."
" No way. I don't run from Guerreras."
" You don't leave, you won't have to. They'll sniff you out in a day."
" Let them come hunt me down. Because I've had a good ride."
Uncle Klaus said" How would you like to get back in the fight... Joe?"
" So, what do you have in mind?"
" I've been thinking about this whole thing the wrong way. Guerrera pack loves to hunt. They're primal. Alphas. I gave you my reason for not making a move these past few months. What, pray tell, is theirs?"
Marcel said" They don't have the stake. Well, then who the hell does?"
" Tonight, it doesn't matter. Because tonight, we're going on a wolf hunt."

I was in my room at the compound, Uncle Klaus walked to me, he crouched down.
He said" I need my littlest original to rip those rings off the wolves' fingers, alright?"
I said" How do I do that?"
" Use your fangs. Can you do that for me?"
" Yeah."
" Good. Now go, get ready." I ran out and hid in a spot, waiting for the wolves to show up. I saw one with a ring, I hissed and sped to them and pounced onto them. They tried to fight back, then I was stronger than them, and I tore off their hand and grabbed the ring.

Once Uncle Lijah came back, he lifted me up and carried me to Uncle Klaus' room.
Uncle Klaus said" I'm still not at full strength. Which of the rings are unaccounted for?"
Uncle Lijah said" Only one. I must say, the brothers fought valiantly before Ms. Guerrera escaped."
" You let her get away?"
" Not exactly." Hayley was going after her herself. I yawned," Now, I'll tend to Peter's needs." I was carried to my room, while Uncle Lijah was cleaning my mouth and hands off." You know, Peter, your mother would have me and Niklaus locked away if she ever knew what we have put you through. But she's let us out in a matter of minutes, because she'd know we were doing this at the right mind set."
I mumbled" Including Uncle Klaus hating me for like 2 months."
" Yes, including Niklaus hating you for 2 months." I giggled," We're taking care of you, she knew you'd have to go through experiences to find out who you are."
" I know who I am, I'm Peter Mikaelson, son of Kova, twin to Kol."
" No, that is whom you're from, not who you are. You'll understand in a few years." I yawned and he placed me in bed and tucked me in, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I was with Davina, she didn't know about the battle and I wasn't gonna be the one to tell her. We were standing in front of Second Life and it was closed, oh yeah, I heard that news.
A man said" Well, this sucks. No trades today. And worse for you, of course. Guy had the market cornered on the ancient Icelandic folk scene."
Davina laughed," Those weren't for me."
" I'm Kaleb."
" Davina."
" Wow, cool name. Terrible taste in music. You obviously need me." I looked at the man, he seemed oddly familiar... like I knew him, but didn't know his face. Davina smiled, I wrapped my arms tighter around her stomach, looking at him, confused, who is he? Where do I know him from? How do I know him? Does mommy know him?