Chapter 8

I was sitting on the counter as Hayley looked through the fridge,
Uncle Lijah said" Good morning."
Hayley said" Hey." Aunt Rebekah came in," Listen. I know I'm the only one-" I coughed," We're the only ones in this house that actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?"
Aunt Rebekah said" Speaking of, add bleach."
Uncle Lijah said" You know, I do hope my siblings were hospitable toward you in my absence."
Hayley said" In your absence, as you like to call it, which is a way too polite way of saying that your brother put a dagger in your heart. I have been attacked by french quarter vampires. I've had to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins, and I was nearly murdered by witches who are convinced that my baby is Lucifer. Oh, milk. They've been... fine... your siblings are weirdly protective. I know I have you to thank for that."
" I'm just happy to see that you're in one piece. Back to the murderous witches, I have some concerns."
" They're evil, and my life is still magically linked to Sophie Deveraux, which is not comforting."
" Yes. I think it's time we took care of that little problem."
Aunt Rebekah said" I'm all for it. As soon as they're unlinked, we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?"
" Probably no one. Alright. Potentially everyone." Hayley handed me a spoon, I smiled and took a spoonful of cereal. Uncle Lijah and Nik left, while Aunt Rebekah was here on babysitter duty.

Hayley groaned in pain, I walked to her,
Aunt Rebekah said" What the hell was that?"
Hayley said" Hell if I know. It felt like I was being stabbed." I looked at them, then sat down again, playing with my car.
Aunt Rebekah walked in,
She said" It's time for the demon spawn to snack."
Hayley said" I really wish you wouldn't call her that."
" I'm sorry. Have you picked another name yet? Take one. The plantation is lousy with them." Hayley took an apple," How's your neck?"
" I feel fine, which is weird. I'm sure this is Sophie-related."
" Well, do me a favor and don't die on my watch. I'll never hear the end of it." I grabbed an apple and started eating it,
" You know, when I first met you, I thought you were a real bitch."
" What changed your mind?"
" Oh, I still think you're a bitch. I've just grown to like that about you."
She laughed," Well, that's sweet of you to say. Remember it when I'm gone."
" Gone? Where are you going?"
" I only came to town to make sure everything was okay with Elijah. He's fine, and he hasn't punished Klaus for daggering him, so, as usual, they'll be thick as thieves, and I'll be left to clean up the mess. It's time for me to fly the coop."
" Oh."
" What's wrong?"
" I don't know. Probably morning sickness."
" Oh, you're burning up, actually." I stood up and walked to them, I got scared.
Hayley was in bed,
Aunt Rebekah said" Stop fussing, will you? Elijah will be here any minute."
Hayley said" I feel like I've been microwaved."
" Hey, just because you're carrying a baby doesn't mean you get to act like one. I'm sure my little niece is healing you up as we speak." Elijah and Sophie came in," What the hell is she doing here?"
Sophie said" I'm trying to help."
" Help? You're the reason we're in this bloody mess. Why aren't we unlinked with this witch already, Elijah?"
Lijah said" Rebekah, let her do what she can."
Sophie continued" I may know how to slow the fever down, but I'm gonna need some special herbs. I'll text you a list."
Rebekah said" Fine. Happy to play the fetch girl. Come along, Peter, I'll need some help." I scooted off the bed and walked to her, we walked out of the room.

We were at the voodoo shop, I heard a man's voice, he said" Isn't this Katie's shop?" I hid behind one of the shelves quickly," She leave you the keys in her will, or maybe it's just help yourself tuesday? What are you doing here?"
Aunt Rebekah said" You know, I read that if you mix mugwort with sage, you've got quite the vampire repellant, wards off even the most resilient pest." I'm guessing that's Marcel, since Bekah is being that," Why are you here?"
" Just keeping my city safe from thieves and vandals, but every time I turn around, I catch an Original with their hand in the cookie jar."
" Well, luckily for you, your cookies are the last thing on my mind."
" Oh, I can see that, though I remember a time when things were different."
" Maybe once. Not anymore. Camphor. Found it." She walked out the door, I tried to speed after her but I tripped and fell. Marcel looked at me, I crawled back to the door, I breathed heavily.
He said" Hey, hey, Not gonna hurt ya, what's your name?"
I said" Peter, Peter Mikaelson."
" A Mikaelson? Didnt know any of them could have kids, who's your mom?"
" Kova Mikaelson."
" Kova? Twin Kova?" I nodded my head," Where's she at? Bottom of the ocean with Kol, I guess, huh?" I nodded my head," Who takes care of you?"
" Uncle 'Lijah."
" Rebekah just left you here, didn't she? That's not very nice of her, how about I get you an ice cream and we can talk some more?"
" You're not gonna hurt me?"
" No, why would I do that?" My eyes switched to the vampire eyes, then back to normal." You're a vampire?" I nodded," It's alright, come on, you can trust me." He held out his hand, I grabbed it and he pulled me up.

Marcel gave me an ice cream cone,
He said" So... what do you do all day? Go to school? Does your mom know you're alive?"
I said" Mommy's dead."
" What? How?"
" I was just a baby, all I remember is Uncle Lijah."
" Okay, what do you do all day?"
" I play, and learn."
" Where would that be at?"
" I don't know."
" Do you need blood?"
" No."
" Are you human?"
" Not really."
" Then what are you?"
" I don't know. I gotta go now, they'll be worried about me."
" If they were worried, don't you think they'd come running to find you?"
" I don't know."
" Okay... what's your favorite color?"
" Green!"
" That was your mom's favorite color too, I knew her, she was like my best friend, always let me have fun even when her siblings were around."
" You knew my mommy?"
" Yeah, I did. She wasn't like the rest of them, she had a heart."
" I have to go, they'll be worried."
" Okay, see you soon, Peter Mikaelson." I sped off, zooming around the roads then went home.

I got home, Hayley hugged me, I hugged her back,
She said" Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere. Rebekah said you'd be right behind her."
I said" I ran into some trouble, but I didn't tell him anything. I made sure he wouldn't catch on."
" Who?"
" Marcel."
" You need to tell that to Elijah, okay?"
" No! He'll be mad at me for talking to Marcel."
" I don't think he will, just tell him
When he tucks you in tonight."

We opened the door to Josh.
Josh said" Where is he? i've been trying to find him all day. Marcel knows that Niklaus lied about where we lives."
Hayley said" I'm not his damn keeper, Josh."
" Fine. Just tell him to call me, please."
" Okay." He walked away, we shut the door, we walked away from the door after she locked it. Then there was another knock," Oh, what the hell, Josh?" She opened the door, and we saw Marcel... uh oh.
He said" Hi there. I'm Marcel. I don't think we've met."