Chapter 50

Aunt Rebekah and Uncle Kol were coming back.
Uncle Nik said" Rebekah and Kol just landed. I assured them we're mere moments from returning our brother to life. Don't make me a liar."
Aunt Freya said" I can't resurrect Elijah until I'm certain his mind is whole."
" Well, you saved Finn with that very trinket. What's the problem?"
" When that pendant was shattered, Elijah's mind shattered with it. He's most likely retreated to the innermost core of his consciousness."
Hayley said" How do we find that?"
" I don't know. It could be anywhere in over a thousand years of memories, but if I try fixing the pendant before finding him and healing his mind, he'll be permanently fractured, like casting a broken bone before it's been properly set."
Uncle Nik said" Spare me the medical analogies and fix him."
" I need to go inside and find him. Once I'm sure his mind is stable, then I can fix the pendant."
" Well, then stop talking and get in there."
Hayley said" Klaus? Take a walk. Get some air, let her work. Please." Uncle Nik walked away," Please tell me that you can do this."
" He's my brother. I'm not gonna stop until he's safe."

I saw Uncle Kol and Aunt Rebekah come in, head up to where Uncle Nik was with Uncle Lijah. I sped after them, and stopped at the wall, I leaned against the wall,
Uncle Nik said" Well, first things first. We need to destroy the weapons that give our enemy their advantage. Now, one scratch from the rosebush is lethal to us. Freya has tracked down the eight that remain, including the main plant. Here, in the ninth ward."
Aunt Rebekah said" Fine, so we burn them all and then we murder that wretched bitch." I sped around the corner as I heard Aunt Rebekah coming out,
Uncle Kol said" Lethal thorns, resurrected witches... what could possibly go wrong?" I sped out to the front,
I said" So, Ninth Ward?"
Uncle Nik said" Stay here, watch Hope. Protect her."
" So not fair." I huffed as they walked off, heading to the Ninth Ward.

Hayley was going into Uncle Lijah's mind, Aunt Freya's going to channel Hope for the power.
Hayley said" You don't have to do this if you don't want to."
Hope said" It's okay. I'm not afraid."
Aunt Freya said" Ready?" I was sitting on the staircase,
Hayley said" So he's just in there somewhere, clinging to broken memories?"
" The core of his being has retreated deep into his subconscious, but, yes, he's still in there."
" And I just search until I find him?
" We don't have time. There are too many memories for you to randomly search. You have to think, where would Elijah find refuge? It has to be somewhere that represents the fundamental basis of who he is. Hopefully, that's a good place. When you find it, draw him out and wake him up. But be careful, his mind is unstable." Hayley laid down in the circle,
Hope said" Mom? Be careful."
Hayley said" I'll be right back, sweetie." I sped to them, grabbing Hope's shoulders, no way I'm letting her do a spell like this without having backup.
Freya chanted" Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz." Hope and I joined in," Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz."

We've been chanting, then Hayley started convulsing, Hope broke off.
She screamed" Mom!" She ran into the circle,
Aunt Freya said" Hope, stop!"
" Aunt Freya, please, do something!"
" Hope, I need you to focus on the spell." I ran to Hope, grabbing her shoulders as I stared at Hayley." Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz."
" Come back, mom, come back!"
" Tillate ulaz. Tillate-" The candle went out, I looked at the candle, my eyes turning vamp." Hope. Hope." She pulled us out of the circle," If we don't maintain the spell, we could lose her in there."
" Let me help. I can save her."
" Now, listen, I need you to trust me. This is what we're gonna do. I'm gonna put you inside the pendant. When you're in there, I need you to call out to your mom. Okay? Now, when you're in the hallway, do not open any doors. Do you understand? Okay."
I said" I'm going in there with her. Whether you want me to or not."
" Fine. Go." I got on the other side of Hayley and held onto her arm," Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz." I closed my eyes.

I appeared next to Hope. I grabbed her hand, we stared down the hallway.
Hope screamed" Mom! I'm here."
I screamed" Hayley!"
" Mom? Where are you, mom?"
" Hayley?! Find us!"
I heard Hayley scream" Hope! Peter!" The red door, I gulped, putting my hands on Hope's shoulders. I heard Hayley grunting and groaning, crashing, then her screaming,
Hope screamed" Mommy!"
I screamed" Hayley!"
" Mom? I can't find you." Then Hayley ran out of the red door, she hugged us, keeping our eye line away." Are you okay?"
Hayley said" I'm okay. I'm okay."
" Where's Elijah?"
I heard Uncle Lijah say" I'm right here." He walked out of the red door, Hayley held Hope to her.
Hayley said" You need to leave. This isn't safe."
" It's okay. It's me."
" Go home, babies. Tell Aunt Freya it's safe to fix the pendant." I looked at Hayley then Uncle Lijah, I took Hope's shoulders and led her away. I closed my eyes...

We were fixing the pendant,
Aunt Freya, and we chanted" Leigheas brotin. Leigheas brotin. Leigheas brotin. Leigheas brotin. Leigheas brotin. Leigheas bro-" Then Hayley gasped,
Hope said" Mommy!" Hope ran to her and hugged her, I followed her, Freya behind me.
Aunt Freya said" You did it. You saved him." I looked at Hayley, I don't ever want to know what happened behind that door. Red doors aren't exactly a good thing in this family.

I was watching Hope sleep,
I whispered" Dulce somnium parvulo." Spinning my finger, I gently blew air towards her, a small smile appeared on her face. Sweet dreams, little one.