4| still here

There were two things I was certain of at East Bridge.

Firstly, no one wanted me here, especially the boys that had cornered me earlier and they'd do everything in their power to make me leave and cross the territory lines. The second thing I was sure of? I'd never leave no matter how much they did to me.

Unlike what they thought, I had no choice in coming here. Whatever my mother dictated, I had to do unless I wanted to face the consequences and thinking over it, the boys definitely were the lesser of the two evils. I had lived with my mother my whole life and the emotional scars still remained to this day so there was no way in hell that I was leaving and defying my mother.

As I walked into my lesson late, unsurprisingly every eye turned to look at me.

Whilst the teacher droned on and on about something in maths that I already knew and the stares continued, getting more and more hostile each second, I paid no one any attention.

My mind was completely in its own world, burning as if I was in the fiery depths of hell itself.

I was still so angry and humiliated.

Whoever those guys thought they were, they had no right to act in that way. I never let anyone treat me anywhere close to that manner and I wouldn't start today.

From now on, I had to be smart about my actions and choices. I would not be cornered like I was this morning and if they did anything to me, I'd retaliate ten times worse.

I had not lived in my household for so long being treated like rubbish and surviving it to then be walked over by some stupid assholes.

But as the lesson went on, my plan lost confidence.

There was no way that I could take the three of them on. Despite my bravado, they really did seem like the kings of the school, all-powerful and untouchable with the ability to destroy everything in their paths if they wanted to including me.

And I did really believe what blondie said this morning; that this was just a taster for what was to come.

But looking around me, I saw the stupid petty glares of those around me and my shell hardened until it was unbreakable.

I had suffered far worse than what these guys could bring and they honestly could try their best.

After all, they were the least of my problems at the moment and they'd stay that way too.

But as the clock ticked on, there was a nervous tingle on my skin as cold, silver metal eyes came into my mind.

They told nothing but pure destructive darkness and I honestly prayed for myself the day I'd bump into him or his friends again.

• • •

When lunch came about, my belly grumbled in anticipation and despite the glares that continued in the same manner, no one would stop me from getting my lunch.

I didn't care that I would have no one to sit next to; my hunger was a bigger problem for me and this school's antics were just childish in my eyes.

As I went to queue up, a few looked shocked that I braved walking into the cafeteria by myself with no one to help me and I almost eye-rolled them but decided not to waste my energy.

I maintained a cold, closed-off face, weaving everyone off and it worked whilst I grabbed my food, sat down and started to eat. I was mindless to the eyes that still followed me and was content to sit in my warm bubble of absolute ignorance.

This lasted just until I was almost finished with my meal when suddenly the bubble popped and I was left feeling exposed.

When I looked around to see what had caused it, unsurprisingly it was who or rather the three whos had entered the cafeteria and were now sitting on almost the opposite side of the room.