𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡

🦀

Time went by quickly, adding more happiness to Jungkook's good mood. Today was busy as usual and the same routine happened today like all the other days in the kitchen except the fact that there were different dishes to make.

Jungkook couldn't help but be excited and thrilled. He was going to receive his first ever training lesson in a matter of minutes. Coworkers of his were giving him weird looks as they noticed the boy's happy aura.

He felt so lucky and grateful to be given this opportunity, this was a once in a lifetime chance that unfortunately not everyone could get.

Park Jimin, was the first to come up to him. He and Jungkook have been friends for years. They met in an art class during middle school and just hit it off. Kim Taehyung, another friend of his was also in that art class. They soon all made friends with each other and the trio was something you couldn't forget. They were unbreakable, the three were like brothers. They also challenged to be the class clowns if the grade as well. They pulled pranks on teachers or made hilarious jokes, but the thing that surprised most people is that they only did it together. When they were separated, they were quiet and didn't talk much to other students. Teachers knew that and used that to their advantage sometimes but they boys always knew a way out.

"Hey Kook, you look happy?" Jimin said after he tapped Jungkook on the shoulder to get his attention.

"I am? Is it noticeable?" Jungkook replied and Jimin let out a snicker along with a little smirk.

"What kind of question is that? Everyone can see you're happy. You look like a dog who's owner just got home from work."

"Really? Oh." Jungkook realised that he was being a bit too obvious that something good has happened today or was going to happen. He straightened up and let out a small awkward cough before waving a goodbye to Jimin.

Jimin watched him walk away with a giggle and turned back around, already knowing the cause of his cheerful mood.

🦀

𝚓𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚔𝚘𝚘𝚔

The clock finally hit 12 p.m. and I couldn't be happier. I ripped off my uniform once I entered the locker room and put on my normal clothes. All the workers have left the restaurant so it's just me in the locker room.

I headed upstairs towards the kitchen. Taking a left turn into the large steel furnished room, I spotted Lisa. She stood near one of the counters with a notebook placed next to her, looking graceful as ever. I quickly walked over her, anticipation eating me up.

She flinched a little when I bumped into the corner of the counter. "Oh, hey Jungkook." She spoke once she dusted off her clothes while standing up.

"H-hey Boss!" I replied, awkwardness in the air.

"Just call me Lisa please. Now! Let's start. First of all you'll need this." She spoke as she handed me a white apron. I enthusiastically tied it around my neck with a small smile on my lips.

"Take this. It's the notebook I used while I was training. It has a bunch of useful things to know. I want you to read it since it might help." I took the book out of her hands and said, "Thanks. I appreciate this."

"Okay then. So, I'll be teaching you what I learned and how I do things in this kitchen, understand?"

"Yes Chef." I felt a bit intimidated but I brushed it off.

"First rule, keep the kitchen clean. We need to keep this place sanitary as we are cooking for other people," she placed a cloth and spray bottle in my hands, "Wipe down your station." She pointed towards the counter infront of us. It was a large steel table, with a stove consisting of six rings and a sink placed in the corner.

I wiped down the surface with excitement, the best cleaning I've ever done in my life and faced Lisa again. "Then what?" I asked.

"I want you to cook Soupe á l'oignon." She responded. This is a traditional French soup made of onions and beef stock and is usually served with croutons and melted cheese on top. I've eaten it before and have made it a few times, it is one of the many delicious foods in the French cuisin. I grabbed a large pot and placed it on the stove but I was stopped by a strong hold on my wrist.

"What are you doing? I didn't say you could cook yet." She flicked my wrist before she led me towards the sink. "You must always wash your hands and then get out the recipe book. You are new to this kitchen so you must follow how we make our food."

"Oh I-I'm sorry." She didn't reply to me but rather walked over to a shelf at the back.

"Here is the recipe book, go to page 178." Doing what she instructed me to do, I found the recipe for the dish and looked for the things I needed.

"Now once you've read the recipe, you get out all the ingredients, measure them beforehand and place them in separate bowls. This will keep your station clean and stress free. Come with me."

I followed her from behind and stopped in front of two large metal doors. She opened them up and walked inside. "This is the pantry. It has all the ingredients one needs to make a dish in this restaurant. I assume you've been in here before, hmm?" She looked at me with her eyebrows raised once she finished the last sentence. The tips of my ears went pink knowing exactly what she meant by that. I looked down at my feet.

I heard a little giggle and faced her again. She reached up for a block of camembert. "This will be used as a garnish on the top along with some rosemary." I nodded as I listened carefully to her every word. We got the rest of the ingredients and brought them back to the station.

This is going to be amazing.

🦀

another bad chapter ehee :]
it's been a while whoops. i hope you like it even if it's rlly short since this book does have short chapters. have a nice day btw and try not to loose your sanity while in quarantine 🌼

1080 words