𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

𝚕𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚊

🦀

He looked at me in confusion. He soon spoke out his thoughts, "What?"

"You heard me, I'm going to be training you. I can't just ignore your talent, you need to be in the kitchen but even though I'm sure as hell you are ready, I want to treat you like all the others."

"Y-you really mean it? Oh wow, thank you so so much this is great. Wait, why are you doing this for me?" he muttered so quickly, like a happy little bunny.

"Because I was like you once."

🦀

𝚓𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚔𝚘𝚘𝚔

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. I'll be getting private lessons with the one and only Lalisa Manoban. The greatest chef in France, my role model (/future wife) is going to train me to become a chef, something I've always wanted to be since the age of seven. She interrupted my crazy thoughts by flicking my forehead.

"Training starts tomorrow after my shifts. See you then, bunny boy." She walked off once she bid her goodbyes, leaving me and my mind to scream in pure happiness. Wait, what did she just call me?

Bunny boy? Cut the cameras, deadass.

I might just faint but my brain disagrees with my dramatic ass out of tiredness. I need to go home, it's almost 2 a.m.

Slowly walking down the dark streets of Paris, I see my reflection in one of the closed shop windows.

I look as if I've risen from the dead.

Shaking the thought out of my head, I carry on walking. Kicking a few stray pebbles here and there, noticing a puddle and dodging it like the plague, the list goes on until I finally arrive at my apartment complex.

Shoving my key into the lock, I walk up the stairs while my steps echo through the halls. Counting the numbers of the doors until it's my door, door number 76. Unlocking another lock I enter the tiny apartment.

As I step into the apartment, the familiarity of the place hits me. My brain realizing this is my house and not someone else's, I've made that mistake a few times while drunk. The studio was definitely, but it's all I can afford at the moment. Walking down the mini hallway and turn to my left to find my little kitchen, specifically my fridge.

I pull out a cheap microwave meal (not quite the chef standard) and stuff it into the microwave, making sure I've poked more than enough holes into the plastic seal. While waiting for that to cook, I take off my large black coat and hang in onto the nearest hanger. Lazily sitting down and grabbing my phone, I scroll through twitter for a while.

After finishing the meal that tasted like shit, I threw myself onto my bed once I took a quick cold shower since I forgot to pay that bill. Ruffling my hair with a towel and throwing it onto the floor, I lay down properly.

Lying peacefully on my bed, I noticed a light shining through the little gap between my grey curtains. I was about to fix the curtain when my eyes caught a silhouette, it was not so far away from me. Sitting up straight to get a better view, I chuckle at the sight.

A women is prancing around her apartment, even at this time of night. It seems as if she has a glass of some sort of drink in one hand and a broom in the other. Skipping and twirling around while lip synching to some very emotional lyrics it appears to be.

Laying back down and snuggling into the comforter, I realize that I won't be getting any sleep tonight after thinking about the past events that happened today.

How am I going to survive classes tomorrow?

🦀

𝚕𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚊

Throwing my keys onto my desk, I practically flung my beige coat onto the couch.

I need to sleep, but sleep is for the weak mwahaha.

While pouring myself a glass of wine, I realised that I really need to clean this place. I can't die from suffocating on dust at the age of twenty-one, that's too lame. Grabbing the broom and switching on some music, I started to dramatically dance. My tiredness washed away as I twirl around my apartment, knowing I live alone so I don't need to worry about someone seeing me.

Today was a sort of good day. I hate to admit it but that bunny boy sure is adorable. The way he looked at me when I told him I would train him to be a chef was unforgettable.

I was once in a similar position too. I have always been pressured to do things I didn't want to. My parents often discouraged me from making my own decisions and forced me into making certain choices. They often doubted my choices, a specific one being when I told them I wanted to become a chef. They preferred if I took over my family's company, but I realised that I should be who I wanted to be, not my parents delusional idea of a perfect daughter.

They never supported me while I was on my journey to becoming who I am today, they would never be proud of me. Even until now, they don't recognize my passion for cooking.

I flew over to Paris four years ago, a country I fell in love with, in hopes to find a job. I struggled to find one as the only thing I had with me was myself and my passion for cooking.

I soon met a kind old lady, who I now call Halmeoni, working at a small cafe. She provided me with training and I soon started my own restaurant, Fleur de Cerisier. It grew to be one of the best in France and I couldn't be happier being head chef. Halmeoni's granddaughter, Kang Seulgi, is now head of management and my best friend.

I lay down in my bed and looked at my ceiling, reminiscing past memories. A small smile crept onto my face.

Come on Lalisa, sleep...nah.

🦀

ew

1028 words