𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘

𝚕𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚊

🦀

Quickly finishing cleaning my station, I practically ran to the changing rooms. Stripping off my uniform, which was now covered in chocolate mousse from one of the chefs accidents, I changed into a casual outfit. Making my way out the back door, I locked the remaining doors and switched off the lights, I walked down the steps.

Noticing someone's presence behind me, I turn around.

Jeon Jungkook, one of my very handsome coworkers, sitting on the corner of the stairs. There was no lie in saying that he could be a model, that gorgeous face could get him into the industry in seconds. Many customers like to talk about him.

I've never known why he stays outside the kitchen after his shifts. I'm usually the one that has to lock up everything being the head chef. He does it for me sometimes and I couldn't be happier, I could go home sooner if he does the duty.

I walk up to him. I gently tap on his shoulder and say,"Hey, are you locking up tonight?" I noticed the panic in his eyes but he quickly covered it up with a small smile.

"Uhm y-yeah." He replied as he stood up. Unfortunately for him he didn't notice the last step and stumbled over it. He looked back up at me with wide eyes and a tint of pink on his cheeks, obviously embarrassed.

I let out a giggle and said, "Alright then, see you tomorrow."

Trying to act casual and start a conversation, he awkwardly spoke out, "H-how are you?"

"I'm fine but just a bit tired, and you?"

Where did this confidence come from, I'm basically talking to a god.

"You're welcome!" Huh?

Trying to save him from embarrassment, I let out another giggle and replied, "Sure thing. I better get going then, I'm really hungry."

He awkwardly laughed back as he mentally beat himself up thinking of how big of a dumbass he was. "Cool, s-see you tomorrow."

I waved a small goodbye and chuckled to myself. Cute, I thought.

🦀

𝚓𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚔𝚘𝚘𝚔

Well done Jeon, you made a fool of yourself. Mentally slapping myself wasn't good enough and I needed to get the embarrassment I was feeling out of my head. Checking to see if Lisa has left, I dusted off my pants and cancelled my Uber, I guess I'll be walking home. 

Heading back inside the kitchen, I did what I always do. Cook. It helps me relieve stress and let's me experience what it's like to cook in my dream restaurant. I do it in secret though, only chefs are allowed to cook in this place. I know I'm breaking the rules and taking the risk of getting fired but this is my only way to feel as if I could make my grandmother proud. I do replace all the food I use which does take a toll on my bank account (which is struggling since the food here is so expensive). It's a bad habit and I really need to stop these cooking rendezvous before I get caught.

Washing my hands and preparing myself to cook, I gathered the ingredients to make tarte á la créme de fraise, a strawberry cream tart with many different components.  Inspired by the wonderful Lalisa as her favourite food is strawberries. I only gained that information as I overheard a conversation between Lisa and her best friend, Kang Seulgi. The two are really close, Seulgi works in the management department of Fleur de Cerisier. She often visits Lisa when checking up on the restaurant.

While preparing the dish, I notice the door squeaking. To add to my embarrassment it just had to be my boss. Yay.

🦀

i know that this chapter is not great, honestly dont know what im doing with this story and i still havent thought of a plot but i'll try my best to think hard. my brain has washed away cuz of quarantine lmao

this story is inspired by ratatouille ✌ there is no rat, but I could probably be it.

683 words