𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

𝚕𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚊

🦀

I woke up this morning with a thumping headache and no will to live. The lack of sleep mixed with no coffee (the jar was empty), I know today was not going to be fun.

Putting on some jeans, a t-shirt and some minimal makeup, I ran out of my apartment once I look at the time.

Shit, I can't be late.

While running past the various shops and cafes along the street, I spotted someone I know. Bae Joohyun, also known as Irene is an acquaintance of mine. She used to deliver freshly made bread from her small cafe to my restaurant last year, she has always been so kind to me. Unfortunately the beautiful lady isn't single and has a girlfriend, Son Seungwan, also known as Wendy.

Giving her a small wave as I pass by, she noticed and smiled back. Picking up her four year old son, she made her way back into the little garden at the back of her shop. Wendy joined her once she finished watering the plants at the entrance.

Still walking at a fast pace, I finally made it to my destination. Harshly shaking the rusty lock open, I went inside.

I greeted my fellow coworkers, since I need to at least be nice to them before shifts start, and quickly changed into my cooking attire. I was in a rush since even if it's still 7 a.m. and the restaurant opens at 9, I still needed to prepare for today.

Switching on the stove and grabbing what is needed to prepare for the dishes today, I got to work.

🦀

𝚓𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚔𝚘𝚘𝚔

While strolling down the familiar street, I stared at the environment I was in. The beautiful architecture was definitely the highlight. The golden sun rays lightly touch the green plants lining shop windows and the constant background noise of bicycle riding and clattering of objects catches my ear. People are getting ready for another busy day.

And so was I. Entering the large locker room below the kitchen, I made eye contact with a friend and fellow coworker of mine. Kim Mingyu. He also works as a waiter here and is a funny guy. The many moments we shared of him distracting me while trying to serve someone their meal, resulting in me making a complete fool of myself.

"Hey Jungle Book!" Mingyu said while frantically waving his hands like a mad man, thinking I 'couldn't see him'.

I replied quickly out of embarrassment as there's other workers in here, "Morning Gyu."

"What's with the mood?" He faked being hurt and clutched his chest dramatically.

"Fuck off. I didn't sleep well."

"Anyone could tell by the bags under your eyes. You look dead."

"Yeah, yeah." I put my uniform on and made my way upstairs.

I looked at the list under my name of all the duties I need to complete before my shift starts. Take out the trash, collect the afternoon deliveries, sweep the locker room, etc. Making a metal note of all the things I need to do, I started today's errands.

Just as I bring in the last box of fresh fruit, Lalisa opened the box in my hands.

"Just need this." She says distractedly as she grabbed the specific fruit she was looking for.

My brain seemed to save me from my blanked out state and forced me to say, "Good morning, Chef."

"Hi." She scurried off back to her station, very busy with her task.

She's tired. Lmao we have something in common.

I smiled to myself after the small but awkward encounter and placed the now open box onto the table. Noticing Mingyu's weird looks and eyebrows wiggling, I gave him a resting bitch face before turning away from him. I don't need him mocking me, I already know how stupid I look. He ended up laughing at me, here comes the insults.

🦀

this is really short, im sorry :(

661 words