𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎

🦀

Taking in orders, scrubbing table tops, wiping up the floors, accidentally breaking a few plates and many more is the usual for Jeon Jungkook.

The twenty-one year old was a waiter at Fleur de Cerisier, one of the most prestigious and well-known restaurants in France.

The large restaurant is praised by those who have been able to experience the restaurant's exquisite menu. The perfect mix between Asian and French cuisine allows this spectacular place to gain the recognition it deserves. Only the top chefs were allowed to cook in this restaurant as the standard has always been high.

Jungkook wanted to be one of those chefs. He's currently studying culinary arts at the local university in hopes to land his dream job at this restaurant. His passion for food was obvious to students around him. Not only did he love the taste of food in general like most would, he loved creating it. The feeling he gets when he cooks is beyond amazing.

He could only wish. Despite his hard work and passion, the only job he could get was waitering. Passing the dishes he has always wanted to cook himself to customers was what he had to do.

Dissapointing.

But there was always a silver lining that encouraged him to keep working. Lalisa Manoban.

She was the head chef of the kitchen. A beautiful one to be exact. Her doll-like features and witty personality naturally intrigues people, those including Jungkook. Ever since his first day of working for her, he realised that she was definitely someone special. Her fierce aura and sarcastic words could frighten anyone, but the second they look into her eyes they can immediately know what she is truly feeling.

The boy was whipped. Any chance he got when passing through the kitchen into the dining area, he would steal a quick glance her way. He has always tried to be nice, avoiding getting onto her bad side that everyone warned him about. He wanted to be friends? Maybe a bit more than that but who wouldn't want to be with the Lalisa.

🦀

Today Jungkook was dressed in his normal waitering uniform. Black skinny jeans that hugged his thighs and a white tucked in collared shirt with sleeves rolled up half-way. Since this was a restaurant for fine dining, all waiters and waitresses had to look smart and presentable. Quickly brushing his black silky hair back and checking his reflection in the mirror, he exited the bathroom. Entering the chaotic kitchen area he peaked towards Lisa's station.

She looked wonderful as usual. Her formal and smart chef uniform was surprisingly still clean considering the amount of food she has made today. The belt of the uniform displayed her small, petite waist while the rest of the white clothing hung gently against her body. Her long, blonde hair was tied back in a low ponytail, allowing her to focus on the job at hand. The white toque was placed lightly on top of her head, signaling that she was one of the chefs.

He noticed that she was slicing and chopping vegetables at the speed of light, a skill that most chefs know (including himself). Gracefully putting all the now chopped veggies into a pot she placed the sharp knife into the washing sink.

From his knowledge of reading the menu and recipe books hundreds of times, he could recognize the dish she was preparing, Poitrine de boeuf fumé. He has tried practicing making this dish but soon stopped since the fear of burning his house down while smoking the beef with a blowtorch did not leave his mind.

The kitchen has always been chaotic. The spacious area was decorated with large tables, ovens, stoves, all the cooking necessities. People were frantically moving past each other frying, chopping, garnishing or doing whatever is needed to complete a dish. Shouting can be heard from all corners of the kitchen as orders roll in. The place was packed and many different meals had to be prepared at once.

Quickly grabbing one of the dishes that were ready to be served, he placed the plate of food onto his tray and casually walked into the dining area. An old lady was waiting to receive her food and was delighted once Jungkook placed the plate onto her table. The look of amazement did not escape his eyes and it instantly brought a small smile to his face.

"Thank you, dear. It looks marvelous," she said, "please do tell the chef that they did an excellent job."

"Ofcourse madam. Enjoy your meal." He replied kindly. Oh how he wished he was the chef being complimented and not the person who had to deliver the message.

🦀

When does my shift end again? He looked at his watch. Only fifteen more minutes, finally. Tiredness flowed through out his body and he was in desperate need for a glass of wine and some fucking sleep.

Walking through the kitchen doors he untied his apron, threw it onto the hanger and started finishing off his daily chores.

This didn't go unnoticed by Lalisa. Anybody could sense his bad mood from a mile away. Quietly cleaning up the remaining mess at her station, she got ready to go home.

Lazily walking out of the back doors onto the street, Jungkook sat down on one of the steps, waiting for his Uber to come pick him up since someone stole his bike. What a great day. The restaurant was soon empty as all the staff left to go home, well that's what he thought.

🦀

what do you think? 👀 i think it's horrible but anyway, i tried my best. it's hard writing as a dumbass ✌ hehe

958 words