05

It's a Saturday morning, I decided to run to ease my problems. I swear, that letter stealer will have both of their limbs broken if I ever found out who are they.

As far as I know, four letters have been sent out. I freaked out when I found out that both Dahyun and Jihyo received the letters because fuck, they already have relationships of their own! And I just ruined my sister's and Dahyun's relationship. I feel so terrible right now and I will feel more terrible if I possibly ruin Jihyo's and Daniel's.

I tend to overthink too much that it's so unhealthy. I didn't realize that I already reached the park where most of the people are coming because of the fresh relaxing air that really calms you down.

I sat on a bench that gives me a full view of the beautiful Han River.

My relaxation is cut off by a barking, I look down at the familiar small golden brownish furry dachshund that just dropped a ball beside my feet.

"Oh, Hey Ray?" The dog barks running in circles before barking again.

"RAY?! Where are you?!" I heard a familiar voice say in Japanese.

I look up and saw a distressed Mina with a leash in her hand, she's probably looking for Ray. I was about to call for her, but I remembered that she's one of the girls that just received a letter from me. Oh no.

As I was contemplating on whether I would call for her or not, Ray barks making her turn her head and ran on our way. At first, she didn't acknowledge my presence probably not seeing me because she's busy looking for her dog.

"Oh my God, Ray. You run really fast for your short legs." She panted, putting her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath.

"Uhm, Hi Mina." I hesitantly greet her.

She looks up and smiled at me. She then sat beside me, leaning down so she could put the leash on her dog.

"How are you? You've been avoiding me lately, did I do something wrong?" She looks down on her lap.

"You did nothing wrong!"

"Then why are you avoiding me?" She fiddles with the leash.

"O-oh, n-no that's not it! I-I'm not avoiding you! I'm just b-busy yeah, remember the activity Ms. Bae told us to do? I'm just d-doing t-that." I stuttered.

"I missed you." She puts her head on my shoulder.

I widen my eyes, did I really ignored her that long?

"I missed you too, Mina."

"So, uhm... you and Sana." She looks at me.

"Yeah, what about us?" I look at the calm Han River.

"Are you really together?"

"Hm? Y-yes..."

"Y/N, We've know each for too long for me to know when you're lying. Sana's my best friend too, you know." She said, intertwining our hands.

Oh my God.

I'm sure that my face is as red as Mina's favorite Heinz ketchup. I didn't know what to say, I'm mute all of a sudden. Why is she doing all of these thing to me?! She can't do this! It's illegal!

"That's what I thought." She giggles.

"Do you want to have breakfast? I saw a restaurant when I'm on my way here. It's perfect for Ray too." I invited her.

"Hmm, let's stay here for a while." She wrap her arms around my torso and snuggles her head on my neck.

I hope I'm still alive after this.

-

"How was your mom and dad? I haven't seen them for so long."

Oh right, my mom and Mina's dad are somewhat childhood friends. My mom said that she and Mina's dad have gone a long long way back then. So now that they're reunited and all, they were inseparable together with Mina's mom. That's when Mina and I became the best of friends.

"They're on a business trip, as always." Mina sighed.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry." I played with the straw in my drink.

Silence engulfed us. This is the problem, even though Mina and I are close, we still have those awkward silent moments. Especially me, because you know... I like her. I Love her, but I know that she doesn't see me that way, so here I am enduring the pain until I found someone else that will make feel the way my past crushes made me feel. Did I sound like someone that just had gone through a break up?

"I read the letter, Y/N..." I look down, I don't want to see those beautiful brown eyes that I fell for as she rejects me, I don't want to.

"It's nice of you to uhm, admire me? I'm forever thankful for that, but you know that I'm going through something right now, right? I-I just think it's better for us to stay friends. I don't wanna lose you, I don't wanna lose my best friend. Please promise me after this, you won't avoid me, that we won't get awkward with each other."

I let go of the fork that's on my hand and clench it below the table for Mina to not see it.

"I, I p-promise." I look up to her with a smile on my face.

Can you hear my heart breaking?

-

STAY SAFE! I LOVE YOU! ALWAYS FEEL SPECIAL! 🤧❤️