Cake By The Ocean

Start from the beginning

3rd Person

As soon as Ethan heard Haley's car pull away, he started ordering everyone else around so that they could get everything for her congratulations party done before she got back.

"Okay, there's a cabana about halfway between here and the private beach. It's got a table and beach chairs and all of the works, we should put everything down there." Jaelyn suggested.

"Wait? Private beach? How much in this place costing me?" Grayson asked, turning to look at her.

"Hm?" She asked, looking over at him confused. "Oh, um. Not that much."

"I don't believe you." Ethan said, raising his eyebrow at her.

...

"Kyle, get the camera out of my face." Cameron joked, almost hitting Haley in the back with the shopping cart.

"Can you stop goofing off?" Haley asked turning around to look at the both of them. They both stopped in their tracks before Haley spoke up again. "I'm supposed to be the star of the show."

"Oh please. Can we just hurry up and get the cake and stuff and go?" Cam asked, throwing her arm around Haley's shoulder. "I'm hungry."

I turned to face Kyle and looked straight into the camera lens.

"It's true though, I'm am the star of this surprising my girlfriend with whatever video that Ethan has planned. Because why else would he send you two with me to the store? Cam is a hard ass and he thought she'd be the least likely to break when questioned and then Kyle is obvious because he has the be here to film everything." Haley crossed her arms and looked at both of her friends, trying to read something in their faces that proved that she was wrong. They didn't say anything.

"Exactly. There is some kind of surprise. Question is, what's going on? Cam?"

"I don't know anything." Cam said grabbing the cart and continuing down the aisle.

"I will find out before this is over." Haley said pointing towards the camera before dramatically turning around and following Cameron.

..........

"Dude, your girlfriend watches way too many cop shows." Cam said to her brother when she snuck off to the bathroom to call him.
"Did she find out?" He asked, worried.
"Not technically. She knows there's a surprise party but not what it's for."
"Well good, keep it that way." And he hung up, walking back over to the rest of the groups of friends that were decorating the cabana.

"She knows there's a surprise." He announced.

"Well duh." Jaelyn said. "She may have been raised in a barn but she's not dumb."

"Yeah, it wasn't like you were being inconspicuous about it." Grayson said. "You basically just wrote it across your forehead."

"Me?" Ethan asked, raising both eyebrows up to his brother. "You're the one who started listing off everything that you bought for the damn party."

"Are you guys really going to fight over this?" Ricky asked, pausing mid-streamer hang to turn and look at them. "You're all terrible at keeping a secret or hiding any kind of surprise. Stop putting the blame on one person and help me hang these streamers, which I still think are completely unnecessary by the way."

Ethan's POV

Cam:
5 minutes.

Me:
Okay, has she figured it out yet?

No. She may be a
little upset when she
gets there though.
She thinks that Halsey
is going to be there.

Why would she think that?