Introducing the Wicked Bitch of the West

"Will you let me talk now?" Ethan asked, pulling me to the side as everyone was leaving my apartment.

I sighed. "Five minutes. That's it."

"It was nothing like you think it was at all." He started.

"So you didn't go and meet up with your ex girlfriend after lying to me about why you had to cancel our date?"

"Yes that's what happe-"

"Then what did you think I thought it was?"

"Will you just let me talk, please?" He asked, pinching his nose. I crossed my arms and look up at him with my eyebrow arched.

"I only went to meet up with her to tell her to leave us the hell alone. To delete my number, and to stop trying to contact me. I told her that she was causing problems all the time and that it stops now."

"And you just had to meet up with her at the same time we had plans? Or you couldn't have just told me what you were doing?"

"She wouldn't meet at any other time, but she said she wouldn't stop trying to contact me until I met with her either. She didn't leave me much choice."

"You could've just blocked her."

"She said-" he paused. "Well, she has-"

"She has what Ethan?" I asked getting annoyed.

"N-nothing." He hesitated. "You've just got to believe me that I did all of this for us."

"I'm finding it hard to believe anything that's coming out of your mouth Ethan." I said, rocking back on my heels. "And why should I?"

"I'll do anything to prove it to you." He said, reaching out and touching my shoulder. I shrugged him off and backed away.

"Goodnight Ethan." I said, walking back into my apartment.

"Haley, wait." Ethan called, sticking his foot in the door frame.

"What Ethan?" I sighed.

"I love you." He said, looking at me with puppy eyes.

"Something you need to realize, Ethan? Claire wouldn't be causing problems if you would stop letting her." Letting him chew on that, I shut the door in his face.

I heard clapping and turned to see Jaelyn standing there. I rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen, grabbing the bottle of vodka that I keep under the sink.

"Don't get a boyfriend." I said, taking a sip right out of the bottle.

............

"Ethan is subtweeting." Anisa said, showing me her phone.

@EthanDolan: songs hits different when you're in a mood 😞

@EthanDolan: yeah you used to call me baby now you're calling me by name. This album is amazing

@EthanDolan: man, I've really been sleeping on 5 seconds of summer. Amnesia is hitting too.

"I'm honestly over it." I said, clearly a little tipsy. "I mean he seems genuinely sorry."

"And this is why I took your phone as soon as you started drinking." Jaelyn said. "Cause your dumbass would text him and make up and he'd be here in 20 minutes for a hook up."

"Having sex drunk is not fun." I said, pointing my finger at her face. "Been there, done that."

"That was not the point of anything I just said."