Chapter 18

Blaze's P.O.V

Good luck.

I turn around and scan the line behind me. That's when I see her, standing in a lunch line in prison like its the most normal thing possible.

She smiles at me.

-

9 Years ago.

"You have to leave. Now. I don't think we can hide from them forever. If they catch you they'll kill both of us and you know it" I shout-whispered at her.

"Jinx you know I won't leave you with them on your own. I know what they'll do to you, you have to come with me! We can escape together" She pleaded.

I looked away, we could try escape but I know if it doesn't work they'll kill her. But if we stay here they will kill her too. We have to run. Fast. I hear people walking past the door.

"Okay we will run, straight for the back door. No stopping, no looking back. Just run okay? Meet by my house okay?" She nods.

I open the door a little to check if there is anyone down the corridor. Its clear. "RUN!"

--

"Jinx!!!" She tries to run towards me. But she can't, they hold her and pin her on the floor.

"Charlie!! NO! Please let her go! She didn't do anything wrong! Please! Keep me. Let her go!" I scream at the man in charge.

"NO" He shouts. "This is what happens when you don't do what you are told. Maybe you will learn your lesson."

They start to drag me away, I get a last glimpse at her tears streaming down her face into the dirt before I can no longer see her.

BANG!

I drop to the floor crying. They killed her, I knew they would but I really thought we'd make it.

I scream "I HATE YOU I HATE ALL OF YOU I WILL NEVER STOP FIGHTING YOU".
Then I feel something pierce my neck. Then darkness.

4 Years Ago (I was let out on parole)

"Blaze! Move your ass we need to get this shipment out of here before the cops come!"

It's not the cops I'm worried about. It's Antonio's men I'm worried about, they've been trying to steal our shipments from us for months.

I run back for the last box and when I lift it, it feels heavier than the others. I put it down and grab my crowbar. Dan shouts telling me to hurry up. I shout back "Give me a second! I'm just checking something"

I pry open the top of the box lid, that's when I see it. A bomb.

I drop the crowbar and run, I scream at Dan and the others to run. Shouting bomb the whole time.

I didn't even make it to the warehouse door when it blows. The force throws me forward onto the floor, my back feels hot. My ears are ringing and I try to move. Something is weighing me down. I can't move my legs.

I open my eyes and look down, a steel beam from the ceiling fell in the explosion and is slowly crushing my legs. I try reaching Phoenix but she's not answering me. Selfish bitch.

That's when I see her. Charlie. Running towards me. I'm confused, she died. They killed her. I heard it. They showed me her body...

She's trying to lift the beam off me, she's saying something but my ears are still ringing. I try to wiggle free from the beam, trying to help her push it off me.

"Blaze" "Blaze can you hear me" "God damn it Jinx you wasn't suppose to get that last box" "Shit Jinx roll over you're bleeding"

I barely hear her but I roll over. Fuck it hurts.