Twenty

Yoongi wakes in the middle of the night to Zanna frantically scrambling out of his arms. She trips over Jeongguk and tumbles to the floor with a soft, panicked cry, waking the maknae.

"Zanna?" Yoongi sits up quickly, as does Jeongguk. When Yoongi pulls away from his hold, Taehyung groans and runs a hand over his face blearily.

Zanna stumbles to her feet, her eyes wildly searching the room in terror. The nightmare bleeds into reality from the shadows and she tries to back away, yelping softly when her back hits the door of the closet.

"Zanna, what's wrong?" Yoongi tries again, struggling to keep his voice calm. His heart is pounding in his chest, so he lifts a wall between his end of the Bond and Zanna's to keep his panic from scaring her further. She doesn't seem to hear him, sliding down the door harshly to sit with her knees to her chest, her arms up to cover her head defensively.

"What's going on?" Taehyung asks through a yawn. Zanna whimpers, which wakes him up instantly. "Princess?"

Jeongguk leans over and turns on the lamp on the bedside table, revealing the tears streaking down Zanna's cheeks. He swings his legs over the side of the bed, but Zanna jumps and presses herself into the door of the closet with a cry.

"Don't--"

"Sorry!" Jeongguk gasps, going still. "Sorry! I won't touch you!"

Taehyung slowly puts his feet on the floor on the opposite side of the bed and stands, reaching out through his Bond with Zanna. She's mostly closed off again, he realizes, and a knife twists itself into his heart. What little she isn't hiding is--he stumbles backwards as the vision hits him and trips over the desk chair, landing on his ass.

Hands and teeth and skin. Blood and bruising pain. Darkness, and two eyes full of malice. Zanna, and Taehyung by extension, can't breathe. It's like the air has been sucked from the room, and all they can do is choke.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Tae!" Yoongi is gripping his shoulders when he finally pulls himself from Zanna's flashback. "Taehyung, breathe!"

Taehyung sits straight up, eyes wide. "Help her!" He gasps between breaths. "Get her out of there!"

Jeongguk has managed to get close enough to Zanna to touch her, but he doesn't reach out. He speaks to her in a soft voice, and she seems to be a bit calmer.

As Taehyung returns to himself, he feels that Yoongi and Jeongguk have closed themselves off from him, too. He knows they did it so he wouldn't pass the flashback to them accidentally, but the lack of connection leaves an empty pit in his stomach, so he grabs onto Yoongi's shirt in a silent request for connection. Yoongi meets his gaze and opens up his end of the Bond again, spreading warmthfrom Taehyung's chest outwards.

"I've got you," Yoongi murmurs, lovingly cupping Taehyung's face. "Jeongguk is taking care of Zanna. We're okay."

"It's bad, Yoon, she--god, it's--"

"Sweetheart, it's okay. Gguk's got her. Just focus on me, okay?" Yoongi makes Taehyung look at him, his brows furrowed. "You're shaking."

"I'm alright, just... I've never seen or felt anything like that. It was awful."

"Shh, Tae. Let's get you back into bed, okay? Seriously, you're shaking like a leaf." Slowly, Yoongi helps Taehyung stand and get back into bed. Taehyung refuses to lie down, turning his eyes instead to where Jeongguk is still quietly speaking to Zanna on the floor. Yoongi pulls a throw blanket from a drawer in the bedside table and wraps it around Taehyung's shoulders.

"Will you be okay here?" He asks his trembling Soulmate. Taehyung gives him a confused look. "I'm going to go make some tea for the four of us. Will you be alright?"