Fifteen

*A/N: This is only kind of edited. Sorry!*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next few days pass slowly. Zanna makes progress in baby steps, and Seokjin keeps her secrets to himself. Each time she does something she wouldn't the day prior, he tells himself that he'll tell his dongsaengs what he knows if she stops getting better. But she doesn't, and Seokjin can't help but feel both relieved and guilty.

Zanna begged him not to say anything to the others, back when she first told him part of her story. It was a week or so into the final month of the North American leg of their tour, and Seokjin was nearly asleep when his phone rang. She'd had a nightmare--Jimin had drifted off while texting her, so she felt she couldn't call him, but she needed to call someone.

"I remember how I ended up on your doorstep that day," she told him when he asked about the nightmare. "I-I was... I was running from someone. Someone who's supposed to be in jail, that's why I came back to Cana--" She cut herself off, but it took all of two seconds for Seokjin to put the pieces together.

"You were in some kind of Witness Protection?"

She didn't reply, which was all the answer he needed.

"Zanna--"

"Please don't tell the others!" She burst out, sounding panicked. "I don't want to cause any trouble! Please, oppa, don't think of me different, don't tell them, I couldn't bear it--"

Seokjin gently interrupted, reminding her that he and his members wanted her to be safe, and wouldn't think any differently of her. But, at her insistence, he promised not to tell them.

"So long as not knowing doesn't hurt them, I'll keep this to myself," he vowed. Then, with Zanna satisfied, he'd sung her soft lullabies until she fell back asleep. When he was sure she had, he hung up and sent her a quick text.

"I hope you sleep well this time, Zanna. Don't forget that you're part of our family now!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Taehyung has been especially frustrated the past two days, and it's starting to wear on everyone's patience. He tries to keep it to himself, but Taehyung is anything but subtle, and frustration is anything but a quiet emotion. It demands to be expressed, so the entire household (minus Zanna) has been subjected to Taehyung's loud sighs, groans, and harshly closed doors for almost 48 hours now. It's not entirely his fault; Zanna still won't let him touch her, but he was in the room when she let Jimin hold her hand and stroke her hair two days ago.

"Taehyung, I swear to god if you sigh in my ear one more time, I will carry you downstairs and throw you in the building's pool!" Jeongguk exclaims, shoving his Soulmate off of him. "And don't 'but Ggukie' me or I won't cuddle you for at least a day."

Taehyung wanders into the living room, looking like a scolded puppy with its tail between its legs.

"Minie..." he whines, pouting in the doorway.

"Thought you were angry with me, boo." Jimin raises an eyebrow at him. Taehyung shrinks in on himself a little more.

"I am," he mumbles. Jimin chuckles softly and sets his phone on the coffee table before opening his arms.

"C'mere, aegi."

Taehyung brightens visibly and practically throws himself into Jimin's arms. If Jeongguk and Yoongi are his Soulmates with a capital 'S', Jimin is his soulmate with a lowercase 's'. As Taehyung wraps his arms around Jimin's small waist and nuzzles his face into the crook of his neck, he feels all his frustration and anger melt away.

"Sorry, Jiminie."

"S'okay, Tae," Jimin hums, a smile in his voice.

They sit like that for a few minutes, until Taehyung suddenly straightens up.