Chapter 19

"What the hell did I just do?" I whispered to myself

"What the hell did I just do?" I whispered to myself. I slowly shut my window, hearing Alexander's motorcycle rev up and loud footsteps from downstairs. I was going to have an earful to listen to soon. I looked over at my bed. The sheets were half off of it and the blankets were on the floor around it. I just started my new life without Grant. As much as it pained me to admit it, I did. It definitely started with a bang and I'm sure it will have more coming.

"Brynn Lee Lawson!" My full name echoed through my house. I squeezed my eyes shut as it did. You knew you were in trouble when you are called by your full name. I hesitantly walked towards the door and down the steps.

I came face to face with Daxton. His face was as red as a tomato and his teeth looked painfully clenched together. Tucker stood behind him. He didn't look as mad as Daxton but he definitely wasn't happy. "What the fuck were you thinking?" Daxton didn't tend to use the F word a lot so when he did you knew it was serious. Brooks walked in the house tearing my attention away from bulldog Daxton. Brooks had his hands wrapped around his old baseball bat from when he was a kid. The bat looked like it had been to hell and back at least 3 times. I turned back to Daxton. He rubbed in between his eyebrows and took a deep breath. "A boy just climbed out of my baby sister's window and ran."

"I'm not a baby." I didn't acknowledge what I said till Daxton snapped his head up to get a better look at me. He was a good foot taller than me. Which made me felt like a puppy about to be scolded for peeing on the rug.

"So that gives you a reason to have a boy in your room when no one else is home?" His face grew more red as he yelled. Tucker raised his eyebrows and out of the corner of my eye, I could see Brooks put the bat down next to the front door. "Especially a boy like him!" Daxton pointed towards the driveway. I felt anger boil up inside me. What gave him the right to say that about Alexander?

"You don't know anything about him!" I yelled, surprising myself and my brothers. I was right he didn't know anything about Alexander.

"I know he's been to jail and is in a gang! I think that gives me a pretty good reason for not wanting him around my sister." Daxton quickly snapped back. He only knew those two things about him. He didn't know why he went to jail and why he was in a gang. He especially didn't know how soft and open he could be.

"You don't have the right to tell me who and who I can't hang out with." Tucker took a step back, probably noticing I hit a nerve in Daxton. Daxton laughed under his breath and shook his head in disapproval.

"I damn sure do." He said almost like he didn't want anyone to hear it but himself. My hands went into fists, but instead of punching him I let my nails dig into my palms. His green eyes looked colder than normal as he looked into my blue ones. "Grant isn't here anymore and that doesn't give you a reason to do stupid shit like this." At the sound of Grant's name, my hands unclenched themselves. I didn't know what to say so I let him go on. "You aren't  going to live the rest of your life being a slut for that guy." The words dripped like venom from his mouth. Brooks walked with his fists balled and ready to fight over to Daxton. Tucker stopped him halfway giving him a look that said 'don't get in it.' Brooks looked at me, asking if I was okay. I gave him a nod and fought back the tears of anger and frustration. Daxton's cold stare went soft as he looked down at me, probably noticing that I was about to cry. "Brynn I..."

"Safe it Daxton!" I stopped him before he could apologize. A few tears escaped my eyes as I ran up the steps to my room.