Chapter 13

I was surprised when Alexander asked me to go out with him again today

I was surprised when Alexander asked me to go out with him again today. It's been a week since our first date and I haven't seen him again until today. He hasn't shown up to school at all. I thought it was maybe because of me he didn't want to come. "Stop." He kissed my neck for the hundredth time.

"Why?" He whined.

"Why? Because the only thing I need is a hickey when I get home." He laughed.

"Alright, love birds we're here." His friend, Kyle pulled into a parking space at the dinner. I rolled my eyes at him. Alexander opened the car door, he picked me up bridal style and got out.

"I hope you know I can walk." I wrapped my arms around his neck, so I didn't fall. He walked to the door and put me down. We walked in and they fallowed me to the booth that my brothers and I usually sit at. I sat down, Alexander sat next to me, and Kyle across from us. Alexander intertwined his fingers with mine. The waitress, Patty, came up to us. She is the waitress that always waits on my brothers and me.

"Hey, Brynn. Where's the rest of ya?" She asked with a smile.

"They're at home. This is Alexander and Kyle." I pointed to both of them when I said their names.

"Nice to meet ya boys. Now, what can I get y'all" We told her what we wanted. "Alright, I'll put that in for ya'll." She picked up the menus from our table. "Oh Brynn, make sure to wish your brother a happy birthday from me next time you write him."

"Will do, Patty."

"You have a brother?" Kyle asked. Before I could say anything Alexander started talking.

"She doesn't just have one."

"How many do you have?"

"Four older."

"She has four older brothers and you're going out with her?" I started to laughed.

"They haven't tried to kill me." I hit his arm.

"Yet." We continued to talk until Patty came back with our food. We started to eat, Kyle got a call and walked away from the table. Alexander dropped my hand that he was holding under the table. Kyle walked back over and sat down.

"Who was it?" Alexander's face was serious, very serious. Kyle looked at me before looking back at Alexander. He must have told Alexander something by doing that. "How?"

"I don't know but we have to do something." I didn't even know what was going on.

"What is happening?" I asked. Alexander stood up along with Kyle. Alexander grabbed my hand. Kyle pulled money out of his pocket and threw it on the table. I stood up next to them. Alexander started to pull me to the door. "Where are we going?" I walked with him to Kyle's car. I pulled my hand away. "Alexander, tell me where the hell we are going?" He stopped walking and turned around.

"Something bad is going to happen. I'm taking you home." My stomach turned to a knot.

"Is this about your stupid gang life?" He looked at me with sorry eyes. I walked to the back door of Kyle's car and got in. They both got in and Kyle drove to my house. At this moment I was thankful Daxton made me take my knife.

We pulled up to my house, I got out of the car and so did Alexander. I walked away from him and to my house. "Brynn please let me explain," Alexander yelled to me. I walked up my porch steps.

"Bye Alexander," I yelled without looking back at him. I walked in my house passing Brooks in the kitchen.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I don't want to talk about it." I walked to my bedroom and slammed the door behind me.