Chapter 17

Why does life have to be so difficult? I find myself asking that a lot

Why does life have to be so difficult? I find myself asking that a lot. People are difficult. Families are difficult. Girls are difficult. Friends are difficult. Gangs are difficult. "What do we do?" Kyle asked. I swear he just can't keep his mouth shut at times like this.

"I don't know." I snapped. I think this is the first time in my life I truly don't have a plan.

The West Side Gang was after me and I know they won't stop till I'm six feet underground. I took the role that my dad had in the South Side Gang. I was the leader. I didn't really want it but my dad trained me my whole life to take on the role. I had fun with it at first but now because I'm stupid, it really isn't.

I decided it would be fun to hang out on the West Side and steal some cars and maybe some drugs. But it backfired when the West found out it was us. They sold all drugs, any kind you could think of they sold it. My gang isn't really the drug type. We just take what we want when we want to. We also make sure people who needed beat up got beat up. The West and the South made a plan. We would fight and whoever said mercy first lost and the robbery thing would be over but it didn't go as plan. My dumb little brother followed me to the spot we were fighting. I didn't know he was there. I was taking two guys on at once when I looked over and saw him laying on the ground not moving. I ran over to him where he was taking his last breath. He died in my arms that night. I will probably never forgive myself for not noticing he was there earlier. I had to call the police for my brother. That was when I was arrested for fighting.

After my brother died I went back to the West Side on my own. I stole a bunch of drugs from their leader's house. I had to hold myself back from killing the whole gang. Now the West is after me because they know I did it. I thought they wouldn't find where I was because they have no leader but I was wrong. Their leader got arrested for killing my brother. They are now in Oklahoma looking for me. Kyle and I just got word that they were here.

Finally, I plan popped into my head. "We can go to that slut's party tomorrow night. I think her name is Holly. They'll probably be there thinking we're there. We can take them out then and say it was a drunk fight."

Kyle nodded his head in agreement. "How do you know there's a party?"

"That girl tries to get into my pants all the time. She invited me and gave me the address."

"A girl trying to get into Alexander Wilson's pants how surprising," Kyle smirked. I sent him a glare. I was a bit of a fuckboy back in New York. I wasn't like that now, I only had one girl who ran through my head constantly.

I thought about her all the time but I haven't really talked to her for a while. Every time I would ask if she was doing alright, she would say she was fine. I knew she wasn't but I wasn't going to try to beat it out of her. I knew how she felt losing a sibling. I just couldn't understand how it felt to lose two. I never wanted to know. My phone buzzed, taking me away from my thoughts. Surprisingly it was Brynn, asking me to come over. "I'll call Isaac and he could come here to help us," Kyle said. I didn't even think about what he said before nodding my head.

"Yeah, that's fine." I grabbed my leather jacket from my bed. "Uhh, I'll be back later," I told Kyle before walking out the door.