Chapter 6

I sat at the kitchen table and tapped my foot on the old wooden floor

I sat at the kitchen table and tapped my foot on the old wooden floor. I was waiting for my daddy to come in the house for dinner. This would be the first time he would see me since I got home from school. My mama just told me not to do it again. She would usually let daddy deal with discipline. "Brynn quit tapping your foot on my floor." Mama snapped. I stopped.

"Sorry mama." Brooks walked down the steps and to the kitchen. He took a seat next to me.

"I don't think he'll yell at you that bad." What he didn't know was I wasn't thinking about getting yelled at. I was thinking about Alexander and why he was big and bad then turned soft real fast. I thought back to when Mason said he liked me. No, he doesn't. He just trying to play his games on me and it wasn't gonna work. I'm not the kind of girl to fall for that crap. I heard my daddy's boots on the floor. I sat straight up in my chair and waited for him to sit. He sat down and mama put a glass of sweet tea on the table in front of him. He took a sip and put his glass back down.

"Brynn Lee heard you were gonna skip school today." His voice was ruff and low. He, the church, and sometimes mama called me by my full first name.

"Yes, sir I did." For some reason I could feel Alexander's hand on my arm were it was red before.

"Well, you were caught comin' back to school so three days of not leaving this house and that's final."

"Yes, sir." My daddy was only in the army for three years but he sounded and acted like he was in it for 30. He got a leg injury and they let him go to take over his daddy's farm. I could still feel Alexander's hand on my arm and I didn't know why.

 I could still feel Alexander's hand on my arm and I didn't know why

I climbed my way up to Brynn's window. For some reason I let her go at school today. I got to her window. It was locked. Did she really think locking her window would stop me from coming in? I pulled my pocket knife out of my pocket and used it to open the window. I climbed in Brynn's room. Her room was small. An old brown rug was in the middle that covered the dark wood floor. She had a small dresser in her closet that had no door. A mirror hung on the back of her door. Her twin bed was pushed against one of the light blue walls. A small wooden desk sat across from her bed. Her desk was full of baseball hats, arrows,and candy wrappers. Her bow sat on the chair, that wasn't pushed in. She looked so peaceful while she slept. She had a monster truck blanket that she cuddled. I smiled. Nothing girly was in her room except a small light pink box on the top of her dresser. I walked over to it and picked it up. Cellina was carved in the top of it. "Put that down." I quickly put the box back from where I got it.

"Sorry." I walked over to Brynn who was now standing by her bed. Her hair was a mess and she wore a over sized hoodie. You couldn't even tell if she had pants on.

"Why are you here?" Her voice was soft. I really didn't have a reason why I was there. I just had an urge to see her. "You know you got me lunch detention and stuck here for three days."

"Sorry." When did I become so apologetic?

Alexander took a step closer to me

Alexander took a step closer to me. I took two back and my back hit the wall. He got close enough to me where I could feel his breath on my face. He took both my hands and held them above my head. I could feel my hoodie raise up dangerously. I tried to cross my legs so Alexander couldn't see. He looked down and smiled, noticing I was only wearing my underwear. He looked back up and smirked at me. He lost his smirk and leaned in to where his lips almost touched mine. My breath hitched in my throat and I closed my eyes. "See you later babe." He let go of my hands and my eyes shot open. He climbed back out the window I guess he climbed in. I felt cold without him close to me. I think the bad boy has an effect on me.