Chapter 8

Alexander never showed up at school today

Alexander never showed up at school today. I didn't want him to. After the move he pulled yesterday I didn't want to see him again. I don't know who he thought he was treating me like that. Even though it was Friday, my brothers deiced to stay home with me since I still can't leave the property. Today was really hot. It was fall but in Oklahoma, it still felt like summer. I changed into a camo muscle tank top. That you could clearly tell I was wearing a black sports bra underneath. I changed my jeans into jean cut off short shorts. I didn't care what I wore around the ranch especially when it is hot. I sipped on my boots and grabbed my bow. I went outside where I would shoot my bow. Shooting my bow is one of my favorite things to do. My brothers were in the driveway working on one of the four-wheelers that recently got a stick stuck under it.

I lined up my bow perfectly with the red bull's eye. I pulled it back and got ready to shoot. Just as I let go of the string I heard a motorcycle. There was one person I knew that drove a motorcycle. I hoped to God it wasn't him. I dropped my bow and turned around on the heel of my boot. Brooks and Daxton were already standing in front of the motorcycle. Tucker climbed out from underneath the four-wheeler and joined them. All of them had their shirts off, which I'm sure made them more intimidating. I marched my way over to them. My boots kicking up the dirt on each step. I pushed past the wall of my brothers. He was wearing his usual all-black outfit. His gray stormy eyes stared down at me. Making my insides feel cold. I put a finger in his face. "You got a lot of guts showin' your face around here." I turned back around and walked through my brothers. Leaving them to deal with the guy I never wanted to see again. Just as I took a step away from my brothers he said something that made my heart pound hard against my chest.

"Brynn, do you want to go out with me?" I stopped to process what I was just asked. I turned back around. Daxton walked closer to Alexander.

"The hell did you just ask my little sister?" Tucker and Brooks were right behind him. I pulled Daxton away.

"I got this." He stepped back one step and didn't take his stare off Alexander. I looked up at Alexander. "What?"

Brynn's brothers didn't scare me

Brynn's brothers didn't scare me. Even though they could probably kill me and get away with it. Brynn pulled one of her brothers away from me. "I got this." He stepped back but kept his stare on me. Brynn looked up at me. "What?"

"Do you want to go out with me?" I said again.

"Daxton, Tucker, Brooks please go in the house." She told her brothers. They didn't move. "Please." Brynn raised her voice. They all gave me a death stare before walking to the house. "Why do you want to go out with me?" I didn't really plan for this question. I scratched the back of my head.

"Because I like you." She smiled. I was getting impatient. "Is that a yes or a no?" She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yes, Alexander I will go out with you." I smirked.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah at 8."

"Okay."

"Bye." She gave me a small wave and turned back to her house.

"Bye." I got on my motorcycle and drove back down the long dirt driveway. I was one step closer to making her fall in love with me.

 I was one step closer to making her fall in love with me

I said yes. I can't believe I said yes. A minute ago I would have killed him. I give him points for asking like that in front of my brothers. That's one of the reasons I agreed to go with him. He was brave and I'm hoping he will be a gentleman on our date. I walked back over to my brothers with a stupid smile on my face that I couldn't get off. They stood on the porch watching the scene unfold. I walked up the steps. "What'd you say?" Brooks asked. Always being noisy. There was no way I could lie to them though.

"I said yes. Tomorrow at 8." I looked at Brooks in the eye. Daxton crushed the soda can he was drinking out of.

"Shit." He dropped the can and started shaking his hand. I walked over to him and took his hand. Whatever part of the soda can he broke jabbed into his hand pretty bad. "Brooks Tucker go. I want to talk to Brynn alone." Brooks and Tucker both huffed before walking towards the barn. Daxton and I walked into the house and to the downstairs bathroom.

"Just because I agreed to go on a date doesn't mean you need to hurt yourself." I grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink.

"It's not that. I just don't trust the guy you're going out with." He winced when I wiped his cut with an alcohol wipe.

"You don't even know him."

"It doesn't matter Brynn. I've heard about him. He's here because of a gang fight." I put a band-aid on his cut.

"Will it make you feel better if I bring my knife with me?" That would be the only way he would let me go. He put both his hands on the sides of my face, making me stay looking at him.

"After I beat him before you two go." He smiled and kissed my forehead. I smiled. He walked out of the bathroom. A gang fight? There was no way Alexander was in a gang or still in a gang. But it makes me nervous and rethink a little about saying yes.