Chapter 7

I kept having dreams of me and Alexander when I went back to bed after he left

I kept having dreams of me and Alexander when I went back to bed after he left. He scared me. Not a scared where I felt helpless but scared where I would of kissed him back if he kissed me. I didn't want to kiss him but at that moment there was so much attraction my lips would of taken over and I wouldn't of be able to think until it was to late. I think Brooks noticed something was up when I walked out of my room this morning. I gave him a look of don't ask and he backed off. But I'm sure he went and told my other brothers. Tucker and him kept looking back at me in math class. I'm now walking to english. Alexander didn't walk into math class 30 minutes late like he usually did today. I kept looking at the door hoping he would. I wanted to see him and talk about the night before. I don't even know what I would say. Maybe something along the lines of were you gonna kiss me last night? I felt a strong hold on my arm pulling me out of my thoughts. Next thing I know I was pulled into a dusty old closet. Before I could say anything or scream a hand was put over my mouth. Then I smelled the familiar sent of cigarette smoke and cologne. I calmed down a little and pulled Alexander's hand off my mouth. "Do you have this obsession of kidnapping me?"

"No."

"Looks like it." Is this my chance to ask him about last night? He suddenly pushed himself up against me. I stumbled backwards and my back hit the wall. What was his thing about pinning me against a wall? This didn't feel the way it felt last night and I wasn't going to fall for his stupid tricks. I pushed his chest. "Get off of me." His hand traveled to my thigh. I grabbed his hand and pushed him back. He stumbled backwards into a rusty sink attached to the wall. "I'm not one of those girls that you can pin up against the wall kiss and fall in love with you." I opened the door and walked out. I locked the door and walked down the hall.

I stayed leaning on the sink stunned about what just happened

I stayed leaning on the sink stunned about what just happened. I let her go for the second time. She defiantly wasn't like other girls. They would of kissed me by now. I had to try something different to get her to like me. Right now it looks like she wants to rip my throat out. I walked over to the door wanting to get out of this gross closest. I tired to open it. It was locked. One thing about Brynn is she wasn't stupid. I wiggled the handle, it didn't budge. I searched my pockets for my knife. Of course I don't have it. Guess I'll have to push the door open. I held on to the handle and used my shoulder to push the door open. On the third try it flew open. I walked out of the school and to my motorcycle. I got on it and pulled out of the parking lot.

I drove to a bar I've going to since I got to this stupid town. I have a fake ID that says I'm 21 but when I went to the bar for the first time the old bar tender saw right through. She guessed my age on her first try, 18. I walked in and took a seat at the bar. "You're here early." The bar tender, Dixie, walked up to me.

"Yeah. I did something I shouldn't have." I do a lot of things I shouldn't. Dixie put a beer in front of me.

"Is it bout' a girl?" She could read me like a book. I picked up the beer and took a sip.

"Yeah, Brynn." This is a small enough town that she should know who Brynn was without her last name.

"The Lawson girl. Have fun tryin' to get her to like ya." Told ya she would know.

"Why?"

"She's got four older brothers and she's just complicated. The whole Lawson family can be complicated." She has four older brothers! "Speaking of the family there's Mr. Lawson." She pointed to the door. I turned around and looked. A older man that looked like he's worked hard his whole life walked in. From where I was sitting I could tell he had bright blue eyes like Brynn's. But his held a long story behind them. Brynn's held happiness and wildness.  He walked with a limp to a table where two other men sat. I turned back around to Dixie. "The oldest Lawson brother is off with the army taking after his daddy."

"He was in the army?"

"Yep. For only three years but seen somethings that would make your stomach jump out of your throat." I've seen bad things in my life. What could he have seen?

"Like what?" Dixie nodded her head.

"You kids these days askin' things they don't need to know."

"Please."

"He watched his only brother and best friend get shot and die. After he was shot in the leg and left layin' next to 'em." My stomach turned into a knot. "He got so much PTSD the army let him go. He takes bout' six pills a day to function. Once he got home from over seas his daddy died and the Lawson ranch became his. He's on his knees praying every night his boy doesn't come home with the things he's got." I felt bad, really bad. There was more to Brynn and her life then I thought.