"bailey, ob is short staffed, and they keep paging me, so, uh..." lia explains as she takes a seat beside bailey at the nurses station computers.

"dr. deluca's an ob, right?" bailey says, with her eyes fixed on the screen in front of her.

"yeah, but she doesn't have privileges," lia points out.

"uh, by the power vested in me, blah, blah, blah. now go find her and tell her she has temporary privileges to stop watching ladies masturbate and to help pull babies out of people," bailey instructs.

"okay, in all fairness, she doesn't actually watch them masturbate," lia chuckles. "it's like-"

"are you having this problem?" bailey furrows her brow at the computer screen. "i can't get to the medical records."

"well, let me see if i can help," lia slides the keyboard over to herself.

"i mean, i got it. it- this- and..." bailey trails off when she notices a man hovering over them. "can i help you?"

"uh, yeah, i'm tim," he introduces, pointing to his i.d card. "tim ruggles from i.t. you called me?"

"t- uh, why can't i get into the medical records," bailey asks him.

"oh, have you tried turning it off and turning it-" tim begins, but lia cuts him off.

"don't finish that sentence, tim," lia warns.

"look," bailey gestures to the other computers at the station. "this problem's on every computer."

"oh. man. oh, no," tim shakes his head.

"'oh, no'?!" bailey's eyes widen.

"i mean, 'cause- plus the cardiac monitors malfunctioning-" tim stammers.

"cardiac monitors are malfunctioning?" lia raises her brow. "w- i have to-"

"yeah, go," bailey nods as lia jumps up from her seat and rushes away.

"oh, man. okay," tim then takes the keyboard to try and get into the system. "alright, um, so, when you remodelled the hospital, the computer systems were all networked. so these malfunctions might be related-"

"i don't care if they're related or not," bailey shakes her head. "just make it stop. i can't run a hospital without medical records and cardiac- what did-"

bailey cuts herself off, and jumps back slightly when the all of the computer screens begin to display a message.

"'hello seattle grace mercy west'?" bailey furrows her brow as she reads it. "'currently, we control your hospital. we own your servers. we own your...' tim, are you seeing this?!"

"oh, man," tim's eyes widen.

■ ■ ■

"hey. you came. thanks," lia smiles when she finds carina walking towards the e.r, and she begins walking alongside her. "ohh. we're slammed. on top of the- the hacking, we have a bunch of ob's that are out with the flu, so bailey's gonna give you ob privileges and asked if you could help."