clxxx.

- - -
there are moments when all of the stars align. when everything seems as it should be. your life seems to have sorted itself out.
- - -

"what do we have?" bailey asks walking into one of the trauma rooms.

"uh, b.p's ninety five palp. somnolent, but responsive  to painful stimuli," april informs her. "stats are ninety two with one hundred percent oxygen."

"it's an mvc?" bailey's brows knit together.

"sort of," april tells her. "two people in one car drove off a cliff on admiral way."

"do we have an name yet?" bailey asks.

"haven't seen an i.d yet," april shakes her head.

"they didn't find a purse?" bailey raises her brow.

"they didn't even find a blouse. she came in dressed like this," april pulls back the blanket covering the patient to reveal her in just a bra covering her top half.

"why are people driving around with no clothes on?" bailey's eyes widen.

"passenger's next door. maybe he knows," april shrugs and bailey walks out and into the next trauma room that steph and deluca are in.

"talk to me!" bailey requests.

"male passenger, thirties, unconscious and intubated at the scene," steph announces. "vitals are stable. uh, large bruises, right chest and abdomen."

"was he dressed?" bailey asks.

"except for his pants," steph reveals.

"so, these two were not driving. they were parking," bailey narrows her eyes.

"the theory is they got overexcited and popped the car into gear," deluca tells her.

"premature acceleration," steph nods. "you know, it happens to a lot of guys."

"people need to get busy where god intended- parking lots, where it's flat," bailey shakes her head as she walks out.

- - -
it's not like all our problems go away. it's just the problems are suddenly manageable. you feel so good you wonder if it's real.
- - -

"somebody please help, please!" a woman, denise, cries, carrying her baby into the e.r, as her husband and daughter follow. "please! please, someone help us! my baby can't breathe!"

"she's choking on something," her husband, gary, tells april as she takes the baby from denise.

"o2 and crike kit, please?" april requests, placing the baby down on a bed.

"is she dying?" their other daughter, erin, looks up at her parents. "mommy, is she dying?"

"she's choking on something," gary reiterates.

"okay," april nods.

"move. move!" owen orders, walking over and gently pushing april to the side. he then picks the baby up, turning her over to then hit her on the back.