cxxxv.

- - -
you never know the biggest day of your life is going to be the biggest. the days you think are going to be big ones, they are never as big as you make them out to be in your head.
- - -

"okay, your suit is steamed, but don't try it on 'til you get there, okay?" meredith tells mark as she carries his suit into her kitchen, where mark and derek are sat. "i'm gonna go home, i'm gonna pick up my dress, and i'm gonna pick up lia and maggie, and i'm gonna drive her to the island, and then you two need to leave here in... fifteen minutes. otherwise, april said she's gonna destroy you."

"destroy me?" mark raises his brow with amusement.

"that's what she said to say," meredith chuckles. "and she's very organised today. she's not messing around."

- - -
it's the regular days, the ones that start out normal. those are the days that end up being the biggest. and today was the wedding. it was beautiful. perfect.
- - -

lia has her hair in rollers and is wearing yoga pants and a hoodie when she skips onto the decking on the island where april is stood with matthew. meredith and maggie follow her, both fully ready for the wedding, carrying lia's dress.

"god, april, it's so pretty," lia gasps and claps when she sees everything set up for her wedding.

"yay! hi. good," april beams as she greets her. "um, okay, so you should be up in the bridal suite. the hair and makeup people are there to... you know, fix all of this. uh, mark is..?"

"oh, he's on his way with derek," meredith assures her. "jackson has darci, and zola is with callie, arizona and sofia. everybody is on track."

"okay, great. well, good, because guests will be arriving any minute, so if you just go up those stairs," april gestures to the staircase that leads to the bridal suite.

"okay," lia nods, as she, meredith and maggie head in that direction.

"oh, it's so beautiful," maggie smiles.

"i'm glad you guys like it," april squeezes her hands together.

■ ■ ■

in the bridal suite, lia is sat in front of the mirror, still in her yoga pants, whilst the hair and makeup team add the finishing touches to her look.

meredith, maggie, and arizona are all sat on the couch, wearing their bridesmaid dresses, and watching lia in awe and amazement.

"you look so beautiful," arizona gushes.

"yeah, you're definitely the twin that got the brains and the beauty," maggie laughs.

"stop it," lia shakes her head and rolls her eyes with a chuckle.

"and we're all done here," the makeup artist smiles, removing the makeup brush from lia's face and placing it back in her vanity case.

"you look lovely, and congratulations," the hair stylist adds before they both leave the four girls alone in the bridal suite.

"okay," meredith stands from the couch and grabs lia's dress that is currently hanging up. "time for the dress."

she carefully removes the dress from the garment bag and hanger as lia gets undressed. once she is undressed meredith opens up the dress to allow lia to step into it, before shimmying it up her body and over her shoulders.