ii.

- - -
intimacy is a four syllable word for: here is my heart and soul, please grind into a hamburger and enjoy. it's both desired and feared. difficult to live with, and impossible to live without.
- - -

"dr. bailey," richard calls his star pupil, resulting in her turning round to find him pacing through the corridor with lia in tow. "i'd like you to meet our new head of cardio; my daughter, alivia."

"well it's a pleasure to meet you, alivia," bailey smiles at the young girl in front of her. "i've heard so much about you. your father is very proud, and your mother."

"i've heard a lot about you too, dr. bailey," lia smiles before turning to her father. "i know you are only hovering because you love me, dad, but i am begging you to leave me to figure this hospital out for myself. i've not even seen callie yet, please just let me go. i'll be fine."

"sir, she's right," bailey tries to reason with the teacher she admires so much. "this is the second hospital she's worked in. she is quite literally a child prodigy. i'm sure she can find her way round, and get to know the other doctors."

"fine! but i want you to scrub in with me later i have been dreaming about us operating together since the day you were born. of course that dream envisioned you specialising in general, but-" richard babbles before lia cuts him off.

"of course i'll scrub in with you later. just page me when you need me," lia says, giving her father a quick hug whilst mouthing 'thank you' to bailey. she then heads off to find her best friend and just hopes she doesn't run into the guy from the bar.

■ ■ ■

lia walks into the orthopaedic ward to find the raven haired attending with her back to her, examining patient charts. fortunately, this was the first place she decided to look for her best friend; figuring that if a trauma had have come in then she would have also been paged to their e.r.

"torres," lia says with a grin, making her presence known and causing callie to turn around after recognising the familiar voice.

"lia!" callie squeals, dropping her charts and grabbing the petite brunette and squeezing her tightly. "what the hell are you doing here? and in navy scrubs! why didn't you tell me?"

"hunt brought me in," she explains as callie places her back down. "he offered me head of department and a shit ton of money to leave seattle pres. i was gonna tell you, but i wanted to surprise you."

"how do your parents feel about you being here?" callie asks.

"well, you know my mom; she's just proud and excited as always," she chuckles. "and well, my dad won't leave me alone. i feel like he's constantly watching me. that's why i didn't come here in the first place."

lia hears her pager go off in her pocket to see she's being paged to the e.r. "i better go callie, i'm being paged," she announces and callie nods. "i'll catch up with you at lunch."

■ ■ ■

"whose patient is this?" lia asks a nurse following her assessment of the patients injuries.

"oh, she belongs to dr. sloan," the nurse says, nodding her head in the direction of the one doctor she was hoping to avoid who was currently speaking to a red haired resident.