prologue.

disclaimer

hello my lovelies,

i am adding this disclaimer because of the amount of comments i have received on the first few chapters about me using derek and meredith's lines/story. i am aware, however, it is only for the first few chapters to start this story that i began writing when i was relatively young. i would also like to add the disclaimer that i do not intend to follow the timeline of the show and therefore the characters involved in particular scenes may not add up. if you don't like it and want to stop reading that's okay, but if you do keep reading i hope you enjoy☺️

lots of love

liv xxx

cast

joan smalls -> alivia webber

eric dane -> mark sloan

jesse williams -> jackson avery

the rest of the grey's anatomy cast -> their respective characters

prologue

- - -
i wish there were a rule book for intimacy. some kind of guide to tell you when you've crossed the line.
- - -

"straight tequila? really?" joe, the bartender asked the brunette sat in front of him as he grabbed a glass, placing it on the bar, whilst a pair of eyes burned into her from the back of the bar. "you're gonna be sorry in the morning."

"i'm always sorry in the morning," the brunette responds with a mischievous grin. "tomorrow is the last day of my fellowship, so keep them coming."

- - -
it would be nice if you could see it coming, and i don't know how you fit it on a map.
- - -

"double scotch; single malt, please," the man who had been staring at the girl all night nods to joe, whilst leaning against the bar beside her. "so.. is this a good place to hang out?"

"i wouldn't know," the brunette responds, turning her head to face him. she is intrigued by the mysterious, handsome stranger, but keeps her expression neutral and disinterested. "i've never been here before."

"oh, you know what? i haven't either; first time here," he smirks, whilst taking a sip of the drink he's just been handed by joe, and taking a seat on the bar stool beside her. "i'm new in town, never been to seattle before, new job so..."

the brunette girl beside him turns back to face the bar, and continues to drink straight tequila without acknowledging that the man beside her is unnecessarily sharing details about his life. joe continues with his bar work; pouring drinks, cleaning glasses, whilst trying to hide his smile as he watches the scene unfold before him.

"ah! you're ignoring me," the man states, as joe fights his smile even harder. this man was clearly not used to being rejected by woman, which only made him want the girl more.

"uhm, i'm trying to," the girl responds, turning her head back to face him to be greeted with a smirk she knows is probably almost constantly plastered on his handsome face.

"you shouldn't ignore me," he says, his smirk only growing.

"why not?"

"because i'm someone you need to get to know to love." his response causes her to smile and laugh slightly for the first time since he sat down next to her.

"really?"

"oh, yes," he grins, his smile full of mischief.

"so if i know you, i'll love you?" she asks, her mischievous grin from earlier returning to match the man's.

"oh, yes," he repeats.

"you really like yourself, huh?" she asks, turning slightly so that now her whole body is facing him, and not just her head.

"just hiding my pain," he answers with a chuckle, and she laughs along with him. "so what's your story?"

"i don't have a story," she shakes her head. "i'm just a girl in a bar."

"and i'm just a guy in a bar," he smirks again, bringing his glass up to his pink lips.

- - -
you take it where you can get it, and keep it for as long as you can.
- - -

"lia," she smiles, bringing her own glass to her plump lips.

"mark," he smirks, as the two continue to look at each other in silence, never breaking eye contact for a few minutes before he speaks up again. "fancy getting out of here?"

the brunette doesn't respond, she quickly finishes the remaining tequila in her glass before standing up and taking a few steps towards the door, but mark remains seated until she stops and turns back around.

"are you coming or...?" lia questions, arching her brow. before she has time to say anything else, mark throws the remainder of his drink down before jumping from the bar stool and leading lia out of the bar.

- - -
as for rules, maybe there are none. maybe the rules of intimacy are something we have to define for ourselves.
- - -