"One stray hair can cause chaos...."

Your rib was broke, that was for sure. The med-bots scanned your abdomen and produced an x-ray to show you though you had known all along. Treatment was pretty quick. You were put under as the reconstruction surgery began. They had cut you open to rebuild your bone and clean out any broken stray pieces from the previous one.

You were out within the hour with a small container of pain meds, to be taken only when needed, and a large scar across the right side of your ribs. Val wasn't at your side this time, instead you walked alone. You walked down the black slick hallways, past the torture cabin, past the hijacked hanger and finally to your room.

Upon entering, you were never so happy to see your single sleeper cot, with the same white pillow case and basic greenish tan itchy cover, as you were then. You dropped your container of pain meds on a shelf by the door and kicked your boots off and continued to strip a layer of clothing on your way to your bed until you flopped down in only your underwear. A long sharp exhale escaped through your lips, causing a small pain to shoot at your side, as you laid there staring at the ceiling.

You allowed sleep to take over, and take over it did. Your lids grew heaving like sandbags, the warmth of the cot enveloped you like the sun. Your breaths evened out and the rem cycle sat in.

Your dreams were all over the place. Nightmarish visions of the people slaughtered in Jakku were followed by your demotion and ultimately Commander Ren. The way he so menacingly played with your life left a lasting mark on your soul. When he dropped his helmet to the floor and made you stare into his dark devil eyes as he choked you, made you squirm in your sleep. Your eyes fluttered recklessly, a heavy sweat sat on your brow and your body became restless. Tossing and turning as the memory of how he threw you across the room with just a flick of his wrist came to the forefront. You hear the sound of your rib snapping, your own cries and begging echoing through your mind like a skipping record.

The next thing you remember was your alarm blaring off its obscene tune, jolting you to reality and from your nightmarish dream state. You sluggishly pushed yourself free from your blanket and out of your cot. You walked over to the kitchenette and about punched the alarm clock off the bar. A light dinging noise broke the silence and a message illuminated the screen of your clock.

"(Y/N) will report to sanitation deck B at 0800. There you will get your new assignments. Enjoy your new station. "

Your blood boiled in your veins. When you thought of a demotion, you never thought it would be from second commander to sanitation crew. How could Phasma do this! She even admitted it was her unit of troopers who were on watch duty and who failed to take action.

Your hands drew into fists as they slammed down on the counter top. Your knuckles ached as you gathered yourself. You dressed in your blue off duty coveralls and heavy black boots. Being on the sanitation crew meant you were going to be cleaning up messes, collecting trash and handling the incinerator. Your trooper uniform was of no use in this station and honesty you didn't know if you'd ever wear it again.

Not wanting to ponder on the thought any longer, you stuffed your pain meds in your pocket and grabbed your key card.

Your walk to Sanitation deck B was humiliating. All visors were pointed in your direction and electronic whispers filled the halls with each step. Groups of troopers stood together like school girls gossiping in the corners and pointing in your direction. Every laugh, whisper, even cough you heard had your nerves dancing and your belly swirling in disgust. There it is, the massive joke this star destroyer needed and it was you! Your career was laughable now as the once high second commander skimmed through the halls with her head down, watching her feet.