Fly high Maddie

My friend died on April 10th 2020, she died of a widowmaker heart attack. The worst part I was texting her hours before she died, prior to me texting her I thought she was mad at me, I also lost my friend of a year thinking that she hated me. My sophomore year we didn’t like each other at all. We acknowledged each other's presence but that was it. This year she was a senior in high school I’m a junior we had to suffer in Gym class together and everyday she would tell me some stupid pick up line or some dirty joke that I didn’t get when we walked into class. We sat at the same lunch table, with two other common friends we shared we got so close that we all had each other saved as ‘boyfriends 1,2, and 3 ‘ in our phones. I was on the phone with one of those friends when we found out. I would give anything right now just to hear one of those pick up lines or to hear one of her stupid jokes. Or to have her ask me what her crush is doing because I know him. She finally got the courage to send him a valentine this year…. She didn’t sign it and I wish she did. She was part of the Skin Cancer club and wanted to teach other people sign language her favorite sign was candy apple and noodle. Her dad died last year due to suicide and now she’s with him. Please don’t take people for granted, they may not be there tomorrow when you wake up or tonight when you go to bed. Make sure that you fix those fights you have cause I almost didn’t and ironically I wasn’t the reason that she wasn’t talking to me. PLEASE don’t leave that person on read or push them away. Right now I would give ANYTHING just for a hug from her. I lost my friend, my ‘big sister’, one of my best friends, classmate, and co-worker. Maddie I hope that you and your dad are together right now and that you're flying as high as you can.

I’m ranting and I have no direction with this but please don’t let a fight be the last thing that you say to someone before the end of the day. Cause it hurts. Rest in piece Maddie, I love you and miss you.