3 - The morning after

🎶If The World Was Ending - JP Saxe, Julia Michaels🎶

A few hours and refills later I'm hanging on Abby's neck while trying to balance myself. I am drunk. There's no denying it. The sun has already set by now and our faces are now lit by the fire's light. We're giggling about god knows what until a wave of nausea washes over me.

"Ab. I think I'm gonna throw up." I manage to get the words out before I bend over and start throwing up. Absolutely disgusting.

Once I'm done and come back up again I can see Enzo running towards us. Why is Enzo running towards us?

"Skylar, how many of those drinks did you have?" He asks the second he gets to us and I shrug as I'm grabbing onto Abby again. "Only tw-wo. I twhink." I slur my words and giggle. I sound funny. Abby joins me as I look back at Enzo again. He's spinning.

"You're ssspinningg. Ssstoooppw moving." I tell him but before any of us can react, I blackout. 

☼☼☼

I wake up with a pounding head. Shit, my head hurts! As I get up, I let out a loud groan, slowly peeling my eyes open. Once they are and my vision isn't blurry anymore a shock of panic shoots through my body. Where the fuck am I?! My head shoots to either side of the stranger's bed. Nobody's there, but that doesn't say anything.

I mean let's be honest for a second. I haven't actually ever had a one-night stand. I'm just not that kinda girl. So you're not telling me that I had one in my hometown. If so, then drunk me must really not like sober me.

"You're finally awake." I hear behind me and my head shoots to where the voice came from. No wait correction. Where Enzo's voice came from. Drunk me must really hate sober me to have a one-night stand with my ex.

My eyes roam over his shirtless body. Of course, he has a six-pack. I mean, yes his chest used to be toned when he was a teen but damn! Now he's got a solid six-pack. There is somebody up there that really likes to fuck with me. 

"We... we didn't do anything right?" I ask quickly and he laughs. "No Skylar, we didn't have sex." He says, earning a little gasp from me. "Jesus Enzo, do you always have to be so straightforward?" I ask annoyed. 

Now I know I haven't done anything stupid, my attention is on my headache once again. I'm never drinking that sunset rum shit again, or whatever it was called.

"You used to like that about me." He says, all of a sudden a lot closer to me. He hands me a glass of water and an aspirin. I take both from him and swallow the aspirin before answering. "Used to. Past tense. That was six years ago."

"Five years ago actually. Five since we last talked. Almost six since we last saw each other." He corrects me and I roll my eyes. "And who's fault is that," I mumble but he heard me. "Your own, Skylar. You made the choice to cut me out of your life."

"Well, what did you expect? That we'd stay friends after what you did to me? Or that I'd just forgive you right away and we would still live happily ever after?" I ask sarcastically and he lets out a low chuckle.

"You know, I get why you're laughing. You're treating this as an old joke. Something that was once awkward and dumb and we can now laugh about because we're adults. But that's not the case on my side of the story." I remind him and he looks at me questionably. "And what is your side of the story?"

"A long one that I will not elaborate on right now."

"You really are a writer." He laughs again and I shake my head. Ready to get out of here, I step out of bed when I realize that I'm wearing an unknown shirt. "Who changed my clothes?" I ask and he raises his hand. "I did. Yours were covered with vomit. I offered to bring you home until halfway on the way to your old house you told me that you weren't staying with your parents. You didn't remember where you were staying so the only other option was going back to my place." He explains as he gestures around himself.

I take a better look around and nod. "Nice place," I comment as my eyes roam over his place. Brick walls, dark tints, and open space. Totally fits his personality. 

"Could you just drive me home, then I'll be out of your hair," I suggest and he nods

"Could you just drive me home, then I'll be out of your hair," I suggest and he nods. "Okay let's go." He turns around and heads downstairs while I fully stand up and take a better look around. Could this place be more aesthetically pleasing?! Every girl he brings back here must swoon at the look of this place. Or just me, maybe I just have a weird 'nice apartment' fetish. 

I look down at my body and see that I'm still wearing my own shorts. Thank god he didn't fully undress me. I look around for my clothes but don't spot them anywhere. 

"Enzo?" I ask and I hear him hum back. "Where's my shirt?" I ask. "In the trash, that shirt would've never been the same. You can keep mine, I have enough black shirts." I roll my eyes and mentally curse at myself. I really liked that shirt. 

I stomp downstairs and take another look around. The grey hardwood floor is nicely polished and jolts my feet awake. Jesus the floor is cold. 

The rest of his place is obviously also dark-themed. Everything is either black, grey, or dark leather/brick brown. I don't mind it. He has a few plants that kind of brighten up the place, and the big windows in the ceiling help as well. 

Enzo is standing in the kitchen with a bottle of water and I let out a sigh. "Just give me my purse and let's go." He nods and throws my tan, small purse at me. I catch it with ease and follow him out the door. Instead of walking outside or into a hallway as I expected, we walk into some sort of office. 

The space is the other half of his apartment with a totally different style. A lot more white, a lot cleaner you could almost call it. It has five desks and a big whiteboard that has things written on it. While Enzo took advantage of the high ceiling in his living space by splitting it in half, here he just let it be.

Enzo keeps walking towards the stairs to lead us yet to another downstairs. My mouth falls open as I take in my surroundings. A gym, a full-ass gym. Does Enzo live above a gym?! Reality hits me like a ton of bricks and I shoot Enzo a confused glare. 

"Welcome to my gym, Skylar. This is what I do for a living." He chuckles as we keep walking through the gym equipment, toward the front of the gym. There is a glass wall dividing the gym and the, I guess, lobby where there is yet another desk. We take a side door behind that desk that leads us outside into a private parking lot. 

"I have to say, impressive." I nod as we get to his car. "The car or the building behind you?" He asks with a smirk and I fight against the smile, threatening to appear on my lips. "Both," I admit while getting into his car. It's a black BMW M2 CS. And no, I'm not somebody who knows stuff about cars. I just spotted it on the back as I walked to the passenger seat. 

The inside smells like leather, cologne, and mint. Surprisingly pleasing and somewhat familiar. Probably because of the fact that I sat in this car last night, I just don't remember it. 

Whoop whoop, another chapter done!! Hope y'all enjoyed it. Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment ;) See y'all in the next chapter xo