Chapter 8

Emilio wouldn't say he was nervous, but he didn't feel completely comfortable when he rang the doorbell of Jip's apartment. The only movies he'd watched with girls were porn and they all knew what the purpose of that was. This girl was different — she was greener than grass. For him, watching a romantic movie together was simply step one to get into her pants. Whether he would succeed, remained to be seen. The fact that he now knew that she was his boss' little sister wasn't making things less awkward at all. He was probably going to regret this — but he was here now anyway.

The door swung open. "Hi, Emilio!" Jip looked at him with an innocent, shiny smile.

"Hey, beautiful." Giving her a wink, he leaned into her to kiss her cheek before taking distance again.

Her eyes were sparkling. "Do you want a drink?" she asked, leading him to the living room. "I bought ice tea."

"Yeah, sure." He walked with her to the kitchen and leaned against the door frame while watching how she opened the fridge and took glasses from the cupboards.

While he waited, he looked around. One of Jip's roommates was sitting on the couch. A pretty girl with long blond curls. The moment he gave her a nod, she quickly looked away. He thought to hear her mutter a greeting, but he wasn't completely sure of it.

"That's Grace," Jip introduced her. "Grace, do you want a drink too? Hmm, maybe Sep wants a drink too, he's on the roof terrace to have a smoke," she told Emilio. Shrugging, she filled two more glasses, although Grace murmured she was fine.

Emilio noticed that Grace barely dared to look at him. Which was a little over the top; it wasn't like he was going to jump her bones. She might be insanely beautiful, but she looked boring and didn't have the slightest bit of a sex appeal. Her grey sweater saved too much for the imagination and she looked like she wished she was wearing a turtleneck.

If Jip wouldn't have been right behind him, he might have said something flirty anyway, but he didn't want to show her that she wasn't exactly his first. He turned around and took a glass from Jip. "Thanks, babe."

"I already downloaded the movie and connected my laptop to the tv," Jip said. "But we'll have to sit on my bed for I don't have a couch." She led him into her room.

Emilio followed her. "Sure."

Even better.

He entered the room. It looked girly, movie posters were decorating the walls. It reminded him of the room of a 14-year-old and it made him feel uncomfortable. How old was she? She was at least 18, right? She didn't look smart enough two skip two school years.

"It's a Christmas movie, I hope you don't mind?" Jip said. She sat down on her bed.

"All good." He crawled atop of the mattress and sat down with his back against a pile of pillows. Hopefully, he wouldn't fall asleep.

Jip pressed play and took a seat next to him, pulling up her knees and wrapping her arms around them.

The movie was boring. Not that he expected anything more of it, but it sucked anyway. This was the reason he never watched movies with chicks. Well — he'd have to find a way to make things more interesting himself. He waited for a romantic moment at the screen and subtly laid an arm around her.

Jip looked at him, hesitating, seemingly wondering whether she should do something too. In the end, she snuggled up to him, laying her hand on his shoulder. She didn't seem to know what to do with her arm, for she replaced it three times.

Her insecure movements showed Emilio she hadn't done this before. With his thumb he brushed her shoulder, hoping to make her feel more relaxed. He looked aside and smiled when she caught his glance.