Same Page

There is a reason we don't see much of Nat and Daan in the future. This chapter will start that change.

Natalia's POV:

"Please welcome for the first time! Mapi and Mariana Mendes León!!!" 

We all clapped and they walked out. I laughed as Mapi tripped. Mariana, of course, caught her. 

"You alright there?" Mariana started laughing.

"Even married, I'm still falling for her." Mapi said.

"Is it too early for a divorce?" Mariana looked around.

The party got started. After touching speeches from Leila and Virginia, everyone was enjoying themselves. After seeing Mapi, I walked over to my Portuguese friend."

"You're married!" I hugged Mariana. I looked over to Daan who was standing around awkwardly. 

"She came." Mariana laughed. 

"I didn't give her a choice." I laughed. "You invite me, you get my chaotic girlfriend too." 

"Thank you both for coming." 

"I did not plan on missing your wedding, Mari." I smiled. 

"My cousin Tiago is going over to talk to Daan. He doesn't speak or understand English."

"I'm just gonna." I ran over. 

Daniëlle's POV:

As the night went on I continued to stand awkwardly and listen to the Spanish and Portuguese conversations. Nat left me to use the restroom.

I saw Mariana walking over with Carmen. I think it's Carmen.

"Mariana." She looked at me. "Help."

"What's up Daan?" She smirked. 

"I understand none of this conversation."

"I thought Nat was teaching you Spanish."

"Have you met me?"

"True. Stay with us. We speak English." She looked at Carmen.

"No. No English. Spanish only please."

"Carmen. Come on. For me?"

"No."

"For Lola?"

"No."

I looked at Daniëlle. "Stay with me. I speak English."

"Thank you. Congratulations. Married life."

"How long have you and Nat been together?"

"3 years." I smiled. "Best 3 years."

"Could've been longer if you both weren't so stupid." She nudged me.

"I hate how good your English is now." I sighed.

"They tell us to speak English and then comment on it." Carmen shook her head. "Rude."

Mariana looked toward her wife. "I'm going to see my wife now. Have fun."

"No please!" I yelled. I turned to Carmen. "Can you please just speak English? Please?"

She sighed. "Fine. But I'm going to complain the whole time."

I laughed. "Which idiot is yours?" I asked.

"That one." She pointed to the girl dancing with Virginia. "Lola." She smiled. "You're Natalia's girlfriend?" I nodded. "I might speak for myself, but this wedding today makes me want to get married. What about you?"

I laughed. "I don't know if I'm the marriage type." I shrugged. "Nat and I never talked about it."

"Maybe you should." She said. Lola waved her over. "It was nice talking to you. I'm never going to speak English with you again."

I laughed. "Hopefully next time I see you, I'll know more Spanish."

"Take the lessons seriously then." She walked away. 

Mapi and Mariana left for their honeymoon. Nat and I had a few more days in Barcelona.

"We need to talk." I said.

"Uh oh." She laughed. "Sounds serious." 

"It kind of is." I sat down. "When I was talking to Carmen she said that the whole wedding made her want to get married. She asked if I felt the same."

"You didn't marry Carmen, did you? Lola will kill you."

I laughed. "Carmen's adorable but no, I didn't marry her. I love a Mexican-Italian woman."

"Oh good because as attractive as you are, I don't think Dutch is her type." She smirked and sat with me. "What's on your mind?"

"I started thinking about marriage. We've been together for 3 years, we've never talked about it though."

She nodded. "I saw a horrible marriage when I was younger. But when I grew up, I saw my mom find happiness and now she's married to a man who truly loves her. Marriage can be a great thing if you're with the right person. I believe I am."

"You are all I want in this world." I smiled. 

"We agree on that."

I laughed. "So your thoughts on marriage?"

"It's something I'm on board with." She smiled. "Marrying you would be great, spending forever, starting a family, raising kids. All of it. I'm all in, Daan."

I looked down. "I'm really happy we're talking about this." I looked at her. "Natalia. As much as I love you," I smiled. "Getting married, starting a family, raising children." I shook my head. "I don't know if I want that. I'm happy where we are now."

She looked away. "You don't want to get married, you don't want kids, Daan what do you want?"

"I want you." I said. "But if you want those things I'm not going to stop you from getting it. I don't want kids, I don't want to be the reason you never have the family you want." 

She nodded. "I." She stood up. "I can't be here right now." She walked to the door of our hotel room.

"Nat. Please sit down. Let's talk about this."

"You waited 3 years to tell me that you don't want marriage or kids. Two things I've talked about. You've heard me talk about those things! We had dinner with my mother, she asked about marriage and kids and I talked about how I'd love to have that. And you sat there, KNOWING you didn't want either of those things. You let me believe this whole time," She turned her back. "I'm not upset that you don't want those. I'm upset that you waited until NOW to tell me. Knowing how I felt about that." She scoffed. "I thought we were on the same page. We're not even in the same fucking book anymore." She shook her head. "I can't." She walked out.