New Journey

May 2023

Natalia's POV:

I landed in Spain and was picked up by my brother. "Nat!" He smiled. "Reunited and it feels so good!" He sang.

I got in the car and stared at him.

"You know you want to finish it."

"The only thing I want to do is punch you."

"Yep. That's my sister." He smiled and drove off. "How long are you here for?"

"Just a week." I said. "Officially signing the contract, then some stuff to finalize with the club. Of course, spending some time with my dear brother."

"Yeah, we can't forget that." I laughed. "You're going to love Nahikari." He said. "She's an incredible player."

"I've talked to Mapi about her. Said a lot of good things."

"Wait till you actually witness it though. Unreal. You two together? This is going to be so good for this club. This is exactly what you needed, Mari. Especially before the World Cup."

I nodded. "I just hope Daan doesn't get into any trouble while I'm gone."

Daniëlle's POV:

"WHAT DO YOU HAVE!" Leah yelled.

"A KNIFE!" Lisa ran by.

"NO!" Leah ran after her.

"Where did Lisa get a knife?" I asked.

"Your question is where and not why does she have one?" Jill asked.

"Why aren't you worried about this!" I asked Viv.

"When Lisa hits this point of insanity, I've realized it's best to just let it run its course."

Lisa ran by screaming as Leah chased her.

"Or let someone else deal with it." Viv sighed. 

"Speaking of girlfriends," Jordan turned to me. "How's Natalia?"

"Good. She's in Spain visiting her brother." They don't know about her leaving yet. They will tomorrow though.

"She's going to the World Cup right?" Beth asked.

"I would assume so," I said. "I don't know Italy's roster yet though."

Natalia's POV:

I got to the facility and smiled. "Welcome to Real Sociedad." My brother said. "Ready for this?"

"Oh yeah." I laughed.

I met with the staff and sat in a conference room. Isabell was there with me. "Ok so.  First, welcome. Thank you for coming out here." I nodded. "We're very happy to have you join our squad, we wish we could've added you last year, but it would've been a very difficult move for you. We want you to be a big part of this team, and this year you will be." They set up the cameras and got all the paperwork in front of me. They pointed to where I would be signing and gave me the pen. 

"Here we go." I smiled and started signing where I needed to. They got pictures and videos. Finishing the last signature, I put the pen down and looked around.

"Natalia. Welcome to Real Sociedad." I shook hands with everyone.

Daniëlle's POV:

I was at an end of the season team event. Just a few of us together. 

"Hey look. Natalia's on TV." Jill smiled. "Turn it up!"

The volume went up. "Done deal. Natalia Garcia is now officially a member of Real Sociedad. The transfer of the 28-year-old Italian striker was completed today in San Sebastián. Arsenal did release a statement a few hours ago announcing that they did not plan to move forward with any contract extensions with Garcia, resulting in this transfer. Garcia has played for the London side since 2019 but did have trouble getting on her feet after a shoulder injury. Reports say that this potential move to Real Sociedad began towards the end of Garcia's loan at Fiorentina, but both parties agreed for Natalia to finish up her time with Arsenal before making any serious offers. She is expected to play for Italy in this summer's World Cup in Australia. She will make her debut in the Primera Iberdrola this coming season."

"Did you know about this?" Leah asked.

"I found out a few weeks ago." I said. "Yes, I'm upset but Arsenal didn't want to offer an extension and the offer from Real was right there."

"The deal has been in the works since her loan." Leah said. "She wasn't planning on coming back, but she had no choice." 

I looked down. "She was ready to leave us. But she settled. Now she's gone at the first opportunity." Leah shook her head. "How are you not pissed off?"

"Because she tried to get an extension with Arsenal. They didn't want to offer one, she decided to move on. If you can't accept that, then you were never really her friend, Leah."

"No. I guess I wasn't." She left. 

I sighed and looked at everyone. "Anyone else want to talk shit about my girlfriend?" 

Beth got up and walked over. "I'm going to call her right now. And wish her luck on this new journey." 

I smiled. "I'll just kick her ass in Australia." Jill put her hands behind her head.

Natalia's POV:

Arriving back home in Italy before the World Cup was great. The last few months have been insane, but getting this short period of peace was needed. 

Even if my mom didn't live here anymore. 

I walked around the city and took it all in. There's nothing like being home.

"Natalia." 

I stopped and looked up. "Dad?"

WHY IS ADULT LIFE SO FUCKING COMPLICATED!!!!!! And why do people suck?